Senior Frontend Engineer (React Native)
To be considered for the role, please send your CV together with samples of your work and a motivation letter to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your full application that gives us an exact idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you relate to our core values.
JustWatch (www.justwatch.com) is the world’s leading streaming guide for movies and TV shows with over 15 million users across 47 countries. You can search more than 100.000 movies and TV shows to find out where you can legally watch any of them across hundreds of streaming services.
We are looking for a new senior frontend team member who can support us in creating the movie and TV show discovery experience of the future. Curiosity, drive and passion are the core ingredients we are looking for. We want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others.
We just finished revamping our TV apps using React Native and support AndroidTV, tvOS, Fire TV and we are about to expand to Tizen and webOS, while our microservice backend architecture is written in Go and runs on Kubernetes.
Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring. We only want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”.
In addition, for this particular role we are looking for:
- 3-5 years experience in frontend engineering with JS and solid experience with React Native
- You understand User Centred Design and have the user in mind when providing solutions
- Experience with software architecture
- Experienced of a lead software engineer or willingness to take on that challenge
- Experience in development of apps for TVs (AndroidTV, Fire TV, tvOS, webOS, Tizen), either using React Native or native technologies
- Experience in testing (unit tests, test automation) using Cucumber
- Experience with mobx-state-tree
- Willingness to constantly learn and improve
- You are a TV user
- Fluent English
- Crafting and leading the frontend of the movie/tv discovery experience for TV devices
- Working in a cross-functional team
- Prototyping new features to support our product discovery
- Exploring new ways of getting things done with React Native for TV Apps
- Implementing and conducting A/B tests
- Software architectural decisions on the TV apps
- Testing decisions and coordination with the Frontend Engineering Lead
- Working on one of the biggest movie/tv platforms worldwide with a passionate team
- Experienced founders with international track record and a world-class team in all areas
- A challenging environment with an open feedback culture and a strong focus on personal development
- A transparent company culture with fast decisions and turnarounds
We love challenging goals. We are questioning everything. We are always learning. And we are excellent in execution. We believe in the 80/20 rule and try to apply common sense and pragmatism to everything, so we are looking for people with business sense and a “no bullshit attitude”.
Sounds like you? Great, we’d like to meet you. Just send us a short mail that gives us an idea of what motivates you, your current favourite show or movie, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV, or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become!
We are very much looking forward to meeting you.