Senior FrontEnd Engineer
Remerge is a fast-growing mobile advertising scaleup that has become the no.1 app retargeting company over the last 6 years with offices spanning Berlin, San Francisco, New York, Singapore, Seoul, Beijing and Tokyo.
Our mission is to help app developers maximize user engagement and in-app revenues by providing the world’s most scalable and efficient app retargeting platform. Remerge enables app developers to re-engage up to 2 million users per second across 500,000 apps globally in order to increase retention and boost user lifetime value. Remerge works with the world’s top grossing app developers from all major verticals such as Wish, AirBnb, Spotify, JollyChic and Grab.
About the role
We are proud of the product we’ve built and the impact it has on other people’s businesses and lives. We like to be surrounded by people who push for growth opportunities and are open to trying out something new. We love data, designing for the user and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions. In this role you will work on internal and client-facing applications used to administer the Remerge bidding systems. You will work closely with the product team to build new features and products, with a strong focus on UX and maintainability.
- Implement new frontend features in administrative and client-facing systems.
- Work with product managers to design new features and products.
- Continuously improve the quality of the codebase by refactoring and redesigning as requirements change or become clearer.
- Assist in onboarding and training of new team members, and ongoing knowledge sharing with your teammates.
- Participate in retrospectives and planning sessions.
- Review teammates’ code.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the remerge product from a technical perspective.
- 3+ years building non-trivial single page applications (at least 1 year working with React specifically)
- 1+ years working with non-trivial state management solutions (e.g. Redux)
- 1+ years working with a static type system (TypeScript, Flow, Java, C++)
- 1+ years working with Ruby on Rails
- Comprehensive understanding of ES2016+
- Where we refer to tools, you must be able to explain how you use them. What the advantages and disadvantages are, what problems they exist to solve, and in which situations you’d choose one solution over another. You will face these questions every day as you design and build solutions on our team, so expect to face these questions in your interview.
Other technologies that we use at remerge: Go, Kafka, Druid, ElasticSearch, Drill, Chef, Gentoo, Ember, Ruby (on Rails), C, Aerospike, ML frameworks like Vowpal Wabbit or TensorFlow and many more.
- We are not concerned with what kind of certificates and diplomas you have acquired so far if you are able to pragmatically solve a problem.
- Work with senior engineers who value good engineering practices, lean processes and always strive for the simplest working solution.
- You will be encouraged and have opportunities to learn and expand your skill set.
- You will have a competitive remuneration package including generous stock option awards and a dedicated education budget.
- Your work will have a visible impact on end users, many of whom work in the same building you do.
- You will have the opportunity to be more or less involved in product process as you prefer.
- You will have the opportunity to work with technologies outside your core focus, in other systems in the company, and assisted in your efforts to do so.
Remerge is an Equal Opportunity Employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. We’re looking forward to your application!