Senior iOS Developer // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 12 million people around the globe to keep learning new and exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
At Blinkist, we are growing quickly and work in a cross-functional team environment. Thus, engineers, designers, QA and product owners collaborate around different missions with the help of an agile coach.
As Senior iOS Developer, you join our team to accelerate our ability to deliver a top-notch product to our users with a focus on feature development. Join us and ship features that affect millions of users and revenue!
- Within your team, you help to maintain and evolve the Blinkist iOS app with millions of users.
- You collaborate closely with iOS and Android developers, product managers, backend engineers, QA, and designers to define, design, implement and ship new features.
- You assure high quality and a robust code base, working with code reviews and unit tests.
- You promote learning across the team, share your knowledge, and continue to develop your skills.
- 5+ years of experience in professional iOS development for consumer-facing apps
- Solid expertise in Swift
- In-depth experience in a mid-sized team of mobile engineers working truly cross-functionally in either Kanban or Scrum
- Advanced understanding of software architecture
- Passion for easily-testable code
- Fluent in English
- [BONUS] Experience with Objective-C
- [BONUS] Experience in mentoring other developers
What’s in it for you
We offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalised perk system to free language lessons:
- Permanent full-time position with a competitive salary, flexible work hours as well as a great home office and remote work policy in addition to 30 days of paid vacation per year
- An agile work environment of multiple cross-functional teams with distributed authority and a modern tech stack
- Find purpose in what you do in a product-centric, well-established StartUp with an international team
- We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support
- Get yearly public transport passes to get around town hassle-free, and take care of yourself with a yearly Urban Sports Club membership
- €1,600 learning budget – Get a yearly budget to level-up your skills and grow in your role
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.