Senior Java Backend Developer – Food Catalogue (m/f/d)
Are you a Java expert who can write clean and testable code? Want to work with cutting-edge tech in a varied role? Then we’re looking for you!
Our story (the bitesize version):
With millions of orders every week from food-lovers in 11 countries, we’re making mealtimes quick, easy and delicious from Berlin to Brussels. But our recipe for success isn’t food, it’s tech.
From backend developers to data analysts and product owners, the teams in our tech hubs of Berlin, Enschede and Tel Aviv deliver innovation and ensure each order runs smoothly. That’s where you come in.
About the team:
Our Food Catalogue team, as the name suggests, in specific is responsible for enriching the Catalogue of such a diverse and huge amount of food items by classifying and categorizing them by employing various machine learning models and automated data pipelines in an effective way.
As the data needs are bidirectional, meaning the data is both needed from other teams across the organization and be sent out for the downstream teams to consume, the team employs strong backend engineering architecture that includes REST services. The team thus comprises competitive Data Scientists, Data Engineers and a Business Analyst, who continuously improve and enrich our data which is consumed by various downstream systems, in addition to the front end with the help of Backend Engineers.
Can you deliver…
Want to join the team in Berlin? Here’s what we’re looking for from you:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Backend Developer
- In-depth knowledge of Java or Kotlin + Spring Framework
- Experience with messaging systems (preferably Kafka or Kinesis)
- Knowledge of design patterns, SOLID, and clean code principles
- Knowledge of Docker and MySQL
- Experience with Kubernetes or Mesos is an advantage
Here is our offer
We think your skills and our great rewards belong together. That’s why you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects as part of an international team
- Short decision-making processes and room for initiative
- Great company events, including our annual snow event
- A dynamic, friendly workplace in central Berlin (we’re right by Potsdamer Platz!)
- Contribution to your pension plan
- Office amenities: Delicious tea & coffee, PS4, our popular Friday drinks…and more
- Contribution to your travel costs and budget for ordering lunches
Ready to take on the role? Click Apply Now and send us your CV!