Senior Java Backend Developer – Marketing (m/f/d)
Are you a Java expert who can write clean and testable code? Want to work with cutting-edge tech in a varied role? Then we’re looking for you!
Our story (the bitesize version):
With millions of orders every week from food-lovers in 11 countries, we’re making mealtimes quick, easy and delicious from Berlin to Brussels. But our recipe for success isn’t food, it’s tech.
From backend developers to data analysts and product owners, the teams in our tech hubs of Berlin, Enschede and Tel Aviv deliver innovation and ensure each order runs smoothly. That’s where you come in.
All about the role:
As our Senior Java Backend Developer (Marketing), you’ll be supporting that team on various projects. Those range from building an innovative new voucher system to supporting existing services, such as stamp cards.
That means writing high-quality, clean code supporting our company’s business needs, and testing it with Java frameworks.
As part of this role, you’ll also:
- Support colleagues within your Scrum team – e.g. through pair programming
- Help improve development practices in our backend community
Can you deliver…
Want to join the team in Berlin? Here’s what we’re looking for from you:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Backend Developer
- In-depth knowledge of Java or Kotlin + Spring Framework
- Experience with messaging systems (preferably Kafka or Kinesis)
- Knowledge of design patterns, SOLID, and clean code principles
- Knowledge of Docker and MySQL
- Experience with Kubernetes or Mesos is an advantage
- Ability to read and understand PHP code is a plus
- Previous experience with Marketing systems/products is useful
Here is our offer
We think your skills and our great rewards belong together. That’s why you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects as part of an international team
- Short decision-making processes and room for initiative
- Great company events, including our annual snow event
- A dynamic, friendly workplace in central Berlin (we’re right by Potsdamer Platz!)
- Contribution to your pension plan
- Office amenities: Delicious tea & coffee, PS4, our popular Friday drinks…and more
- Contribution to your travel costs and budget for ordering lunches
Ready to take on the role? Click Apply Now and send us your CV!