Senior Java Developer (m/f/d)
Vimcar is searching for a Senior Software Developer for its Data Integrations Team. Our 90,000+ connected cars are constantly sending us real-time data like location and vehicle status. The main responsibility for this team is to maintain the backend services which accept, normalize and store the vehicle data. Additionally, a major part involves developing, scaling, improving and testing the algorithms which are executed on the data. The team’s services are developed in Java (using Spring Boot) and deployed as containerized microservices. We make heavy use of AWS for handling large amounts of data (eg: DynamoDB and Kinesis) and our infrastructure (eg: CDK, ECS, CodePipeline, ELB, API Gateway, etc.).
- Work closely with an experienced team of developers to build and maintain a stable, high-performance system that the company can count on as it grows.
- Help guide the architecture of an interesting, evolving, business-critical system for processing and analyzing a variety of streaming data.
- Take part in the ongoing improvements to the core logic for extracting meaningful data from our large streams of data.
- Embrace a holistic approach to development where the team is responsible for its own infrastructure, CI/CD and quality assurance (supported by a test-automation specialist within the team.)
- Work in a dynamic environment on a quickly growing, well-defined product which provides clear benefits for many happy customers.
- 3+ years experience in modern Java development
- 5+ years building, growing and maintaining modern backend architectures
- Experience with designing architecture for: big data stream processing and analysis, big data time series storage, and distributed systems
- Significant experience with AWS especially in the area of processing and analyzing large amounts of data (eg: DynamoDB, Kinesis)
- Ability to use your experience to help elevate and amplify the work of the whole team
- View software development as a group activity
- Business fluent in English, with strong communication skills.
- [Bonus] Working experience in a programming language other than Java
- A senior role working on a modern, challenging, mission-critical product
- A company operating with fast, sustainable growth & secure funding, allowing us to build products that are both innovative and built to last
- An environment where you and your team are involved in decision making early, and iterate and release often
- Agile work environment with flat hierarchies and an international team
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours
- Personal learning budget to support your professional growth, as well as free in-house language courses
- A variety of company benefits to choose from like Urban Sports Club membership or a subsidy to Berlin’s public transportation as well as access to the company car-sharing, fresh fruit and free drinks around the office
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
Send us your application (CV or LinkedIn/Xing) today using our online application form. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question – we’re happy to help.