Work with cutting edge tech & build great education experiences.
Who we are
Most people dream of being able to play a musical instrument. We develop outstanding products that enable anyone to achieve this dream. Our first product is flowkey: a revolutionary app for learning to play the piano. After our launch in 2015 flowkey quickly became one of the global leaders in its category, with more than 5 million users from over 100 countries. We are also one of the exceptions in the startup world, as we have been profitable from the beginning. This enabled us to go our own way and create a great culture.
Why join us
We believe that the best companies help you live your life the way you want and become the person you want to be. That’s why we focus on promoting your personal freedom and growth. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of our team:
- Flexible work location: You decide where you want to work: in our beautiful office, from home, or anywhere else in the world.
- Free time management: We believe work should adapt to your life, not the other way around. We only schedule a few fixed appointments every week – you’re free to arrange the rest of your time as you like.
- Shared success: We distribute part of the company’s annual profits among the whole team. This way everyone takes part in our financial success.
- Support for your growth: We actively support you in your professional and personal development. If you want to learn a new language or go to a conference, we’ll cover the costs – up to €2,500 per year.
We give you complete ownership of your tasks. This means there are no product managers telling you what to do. Instead, you contribute your own ideas and we decide together as a team what to focus on.
In addition we strongly support broadening your skill sets by learning technologies of your choice such as TypeScript, WebAssembly, Swift, machine learning for audio recognition or understanding how V8, SpiderMonkey optimize your code.
Our tech stack is based on modern, cutting-edge technologies: React, React Native and GraphQL with Apollo. On mobile we are pioneering the usage of Swift on Android. We are always open for innovative solutions and experiment with new tools while actively contributing to Open Source.
- Deep understanding of Web technologies, tooling and browsers
- High proficiency with React / Redux and Node.js
- Intrinsic motivation for clean code and simplicity
- Passion for UX and UI
How to apply
Please send us your application & CV (English or German). We’re looking forward to meeting you!