(Senior) node.js Developer (m/f) // Free2Move
Thanks for stopping by! First, here’s a little bit about us. Free2Move is a subsidiary of the PSA group based in Berlin – and one of the most exciting projects in the mobility sector. Through our app, people can access 70,000 shared vehicles in 30 cities across the globe – and find, reserve and book all shared vehicles around them, whether a scooter, car or bike, all on ONE map. Let that sink in for a minute. Amazing, right? With 1 million people having accessed our app, we’re pretty happy to say our customers think so too. Our database of sharing providers, from car2go, COUP, Donkey Republic and Drivy is growing with every update of the app, as well as our spirit to change the mobility game across the world. When it comes down to it, at Free2Move we believe moving around your city should be effortless, sustainable… and just not so damn complicated. And that’s where YOU come in! We’re always looking for the smartest, best, most innovative people to join our awesome team and make this vision a reality. Are you looking for your next challenge? Then read on, friend.T
Our backend is supported by a range of modern technologies, including Redis for caching, RabbitMQ for messaging, MongoDB and PostgreSQL for persistence, etc. This tech stack, of course, is not carved in stone; we are open to any suggestion that might help us improve our daily work, and right now, we want to add a node.js dev to our team.
If you are an expert in these technologies, a veteran dedicated to producing top quality software and find our adventure interesting – then we have a place for you!
As a software engineer:
- You are an experienced Node.js developer, with a strong interest to learn Scala as well
- You are passionate about microservice-based architectures and API-first development approach
- You are capable of making architectural decisions that will result in scalable, reliable, and performant systems
- You have on-hands knowledge of developing applications for AWS
- You feel at home with PostgreSQL or other relational and non-relational databases (MongoDB)
- You have a solid understanding of clean coding principles, functional and enterprise design patterns, and test-driven development
- You don’t run away from documenting services under your supervision
- You are a team player and you’re able to give as well as receive feedback
- Practical experience with build automation, continuous delivery, scripting, etc.
Also nice to have:
- Experience with, or interest in, modern software development approaches, such as reactive programming, CQRS, DDD, etc.
- Experience in working with containers, service meshes, API gateways, service directories and similar technologies that make working with microservices a bit less painful
- An active GitHub account with some previous work
Welcome to the circle of trust
Our people make us who we are, so as a Free2Movester you’ll benefit from these (and more) values:
- Flat hierarchies. No chain of command to pass your ideas up.
- A super friendly, super international team.
- Room and encouragement to bring your own ideas. No question is too stupid!
- A bright airy office in central Berlin. You like soft drink fridges, fruit baskets, fancy hand soaps? We’ve got ‘em.
- Your very own buddy to help you settle in, help you with paperwork and show you the good lunch spots.
- Up to 30 days holiday. You deserve it.
- The opportunity to contribute to an amazing product you’ll love.
- Free. Carsharing. Everywhere. Oh yeah.
Sounds like you? Apply now. We are looking forward to getting to know you!