Senior QA Engineer (f,m,d)
What if we could actually do something about climate change? Immediately. Effectively. Collectively. That’s our vision: Make powerful, measurable climate action available to everyone — and then scale it up!
We are a team of mission-driven designers, engineers, and changemakers with a track record of building category-defining products, backed by Berlin’s top early-stage funders. This year we will launch our solution to empower millions to act as one united force for the planet.
We’re right now looking for an experienced QA Engineer to help us ship impactful mobile products which excel both functional and visually. The ability to work fully self-sufficient in a rapidly changing environment is equally core to the position as adjusting roles through the company’s life cycle.
What we offer
- Ownership of all things QA for a product with social impact and global reach
- Competitive salary and equity package
- High degree of autonomy
- State of the art work station… you tell us what you need!
- Free gym membership, metro ticket, and compensation of your personal CO2 footprint
- Flexible hours and a remote-friendly environment
- Relocation assistance
- Become part of a creative, friendly and purpose-driven team
- These are the early days — your input will make a real difference!
What we’re looking for
- You have an engineering background and 3 years of relevant experience, ideally in a Start-up environment.
- You embrace automation and know how to put your strong knowledge of software QA tools and processes at work in a mobile environment.
- You have solid experience in writing clear and comprehensive test plans as well as test cases to discover problems early on.
- You’re motivated to go beyond classical end-to-end testing by considering seamless UX/UI as an important cornerstone for product success.
- You are an analytical mind with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills who acts proactively at finding problematic edge cases.
- You are well aware that Start-ups need to act agile and adapt quickly, therefore you are happy to apply your skill set and take responsibilities next to your core duties.
- You know how to code and want to give our developers a hand by increasing our test coverage? Great, that’s a clear plus!
- You are calm and focused under pressure and re-orient quickly in changing environments. When you don’t fully understand something, you take it as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You believe in clear and honest communication as the basis for effective and joyful teamwork. You consider work-life balance essential to long-term happiness and productivity.
Once here, you will
- You will be leading our QA efforts and ensure smooth and bug-free releases in a highly automated CI/CD environment.
- You will be working closely with our development team to set up automated end-to-end testing across our mobile platforms and backend systems.
- You will be involved in all stages of the product development to identify and report potential product malfunctions early on.
- We are visual guys; help us set up an awesome CI health dashboard!
- You will advise the team in designing and help set the standards for our QA tooling and procedures.
- You will use your strong analytical and problem-solving skills to help us push the product forward. Ever been interested in data analytics? This is your chance!
- You want to share your knowledge with the community? We will support you blogging about your latest QA challenges on our tech blog.
- You will work directly with the CTO and the dev team, bringing your expert knowledge and well-founded opinions to the table in all QA-related decisions.
What our tech stack looks like
- Our native mobile apps are powered by Kotlin on Android and Swift on iOS
- The backend runs on a Spring Boot Stack (mainly Kotlin)
- Our Web stack utilizes Plain Vanilla HTML/JS and Angular
- Furthermore, we work with GitLab CI/CD, Fastlane, Docker, AWS Fargate and everything that helps us get the job done
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
If you’re looking for an incredible opportunity, a great place to work, and a chance to make a difference, we’re excited to consider your application!
A note on Covid-19 and WFH
We want you to stay safe during the Covid-19 pandemic! Therefore we are currently working from home and will provide all the office equipment you need to make your home office experience as productive and enjoyable as possible.
Once everything is back to normal we are looking forward to meeting you at our beautiful office in Berlin Mitte, featuring unlimited fresh fruits, delicious coffee, and a canteen with daily veggie options. Wanna make remote working a long term thing? We’re open to discussing that too.