Senior Ruby Backend Developer (f/m/d) // HeyJobs
Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning based matching technology to connect people to their next job. Our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent – making exhausting and intransparent application processes a thing of the past.
By the end of 2020 we want to help 1 million people to find the right job to live a fulfilling life.
Our 3 main offers to you:
An impactful role: You will work in our cross-functional integrations Team, which makes sure our product can talk to hundreds of client systems delivering high-quality data to our customers and into our database. Thereby, you’ll speed up the recruiting and feedback process for millions of applicants and make recruiters’ work much faster.
Follow your own path: We have a 7-step career plan with equal paths for managers and individual contributors. You have the opportunity to develop yourself in any direction with a wide array of technologies and the support of senior engineers & data scientists that love to learn from each other. Check out our Stack.
A welcoming company culture: Our values – Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive – are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
What you can contribute.
- You take responsibility for further developing our internal API for our web products
- You drive our efforts in structuring the backend data to use it for our web applications and our data pipelines
- You take ownership in improving the user experience and delivering a quality product by recommending possible improvements
- You take initiative in tuning and optimising distributed applications for performance/cost
- You advocate continuous learning for yourself and the team by sharing knowledge, coaching and mentoring
What you need to bring.
- 5+ years experience with building software
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience building solutions on AWS (or any other cloud provider)
- You practice TDD (at least from time to time)
- Proficient in designing highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications
- Hands-on experience with profiling and optimizing applications (memory usage, SQL queries, etc.)
- Experience with microservices and breaking monolith (and have good arguments for doing it)
- Exposure to mentoring more junior developers
- Desirable experience with React, Docker, Terraform or Ansible
What our employees also like about us:
- Diverse Team: 29 different nationalities, 43% females (34% female leaders), 45% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Secure Job: Over 1’000 large clients, proven business model & over 15M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working mode
- Perks & Benefits: weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, urban sports membership, employee stock options, a 1-month paid sabbatical (after 3 years) and much more
- Great Office: Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer – great lunch options and food markets close by
- High-quality equipment: Standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
Top 25 LinkedIn Startups: http://bit.ly/top25li
Top Tech Employer in Berlin: http://bit.ly/happyHJ