Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
About the role
Apheris is pioneering a new way to securely share data across companies collaboratively working on Artificial Intelligence solutions. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of talented engineers.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Apheris, your primary focus will be driving development of our product core, working on challenging deep tech projects alongside data scientists, engineers and large enterprise customers and leading AI scale-ups. With your engineering expertise, you will be responsible for meeting project and product goals and acting accordingly to upcoming bottlenecks. You will design and build new features and enhance our product core with innovative technologies, participate in code reviews, and promote engineering best practices in our tech team.
We empower you to be a major contributor to the success of projects, customer satisfaction, and the advancement of our product core. We’re seeking candidates with experience of high-growth, fast-paced environments who have a desire to really make an impact.
What you will do
- Be a hands-on engineering contributor and promote best practices in our tech team
- Propose, review and implement enhancements or architectural adaptations into the Apheris product core to boost and upgrade the customization and integration effectiveness
- Manage backend deployments on Apheris’ and our customer’s infrastructure
- Derive technical requirements and steer project execution and development work with a team of world-class engineers
- Drive communication with customers and our engineers on technical matters to tackle upcoming issues early
- Prepare documentation and delivery documents
- Manage team deliverables through agile methodologies and propose enhancements to the teams’ way of working to elevate efficiency and delivery excellence
You should apply if
- 5+ years of relevant working experience or a Bachelor / Master / PhD in Computer Science or related fields (e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Engineering) and 3+ years of relevant working experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and cloud-native application development, including docker containers, preferably on AWS
- Strong grasp of programming best-practices (e.g., code clarity, documentation, git workflows)
- Passionate about continuous learning, demonstrated agility in quickly adopting and mastering new technologies and continuous incorporation of new and creative technical solutions to improve your products
If you don’t feel your experience 100% matches the requirements but you think you’d be a great fit this role and Apheris, we encourage you to apply. We value the right people and look at personality, potential and motivation to learn and grow. We can discuss and adapt the role in a way that is meant for you!
What we offer you
- Industry-competitive compensation
- Early-stage equity
- Remote-first working – work where you work best, whether from home, a co-working space near you or in a central hub (London or Berlin)
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Generous holiday allowance (location-dependent)
- Quarterly All Hands meet-up (usually at our Berlin HQ should you choose to join in)
- A diverse team of mission-driven individuals with a drive to see AI and ML used for good
- Plenty of room to grow personally and professionally and shape your own role
- A fun and diverse team of smart and driven people
Here’s a bit more about our culture and ambitions at Apheris!
Finding solutions to the planet’s most urgent problems requires organizations to collaborate. But the data and insights needed to solve these challenges are locked away in businesses, unable to be centralized or directly shared for collaboration with customers and partners.
Apheris is pioneering a new way for organizations to securely collaborate on even the most sensitive data across organizational and geographical boundaries. By unlocking value from sensitive data, Apheris is accelerating discovery and innovation, driving operational efficiency, and reducing risk and carbon impact for our customers and their partners.
Apheris is a platform that empowers businesses to run advanced analytics and machine learning models across organizational and geographical borders in a way that’s secure, private, and governed. By powering their data infrastructure with federated ML and analytics, businesses can build and operationalize data applications in ways previously not possible.
At Apheris, we’re unified by our mission and the positive impact we can have. We’re excited by the potential we can bring with our federated approach and are looking for someone who can help us define, build and scale this impact. What are you waiting for? Come and join us!
Our interview process is split into three phases:
- Initial Screening: If your application matches our requirements, our hiring manager will invite you to an initial video call. In this 45 minutes interview, you will get to know us and the role. Our hiring manager will be interested in your relevant experiences and skills, as well as answer any question on the company and the role itself that you may have.
- Deep Dive: Your second video call will be with a domain expert from our team. Our interviewer will assess your skills and knowledge required for the role by asking you about meaningful experiences or your solutions for specific scenarios in line with the role we are staffing.
- Final Interview: Finally, we invite you to our office for two to three hours of interviewing with our founders, talking about our culture and meeting future co-workers on the ground.
Our mission statement
Securely connect data across organizations to collaboratively solve the largest problems our planet is facing.