Senior Software Engineer (GoLang / Solr / Elasticsearch) SEARCH (m/f/d)
momox is Germany’s leading online buying-and-selling service, where everyone can turn their books, films, CDs, games and clothes into money. Via www.momox.de and the momox app (iOS and Android) we buy used products at fixed prices. We offer the purchased items for sale in our online shops www.medimops.de (media) and www.ubup.com (fashion) and other marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay, faithful to the slogan “We give products a second life”. Since starting, we have grown to become a company of 1,800 dedicated people at four locations in Berlin, Leipzig, Neuenhagen and Stettin. We are active in Germany, Austria, France and Great Britain. In 2018 our employees generated a revenue of 200 million euros. Since our launch, we have bought to sell more than 190 million items.
We are building a brand new team of four Software Engineers who will be responsible for the product search on our platforms. Take the challenge as a new team member and implement your ideas and knowledge. You´ll work in an agile environment with highly motivated developers, scrum masters and product owners.
- Responsibility for the maintainance and further development (with Go, Solr, Python) of the product search for our internal platforms ubup and medimops
- Cooperate closely with the product teams
- Advise our product owners and development teams on the optimization and further development of the search and its integration into our existing products
- Passionate about search & machine learning technologies
- Experience in Golang “Go”, ideally also with Python
- Experience with Lucene / Solr (or Elasticsearch)
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience with information retrieval, ranking systems, recommendation systems
- Familiarity with Google Cloud or other cloud technologies
- Fluency in English is mandatory
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- A motivated team with an open mind for new impulses – Bring in your ideas and put them into practice!
- Choose the laptop you prefer to work with (Apple MacBook or Lenovo Thinkpad)
- Space and budget for your professional development
- Flat hierarchies and open doors
- Fit on the job through back training, running groups, cooperation with Gympass and healthy lunch from smunch
- Employee benefits such as job tickets, shopping vouchers for our medimops shop, company pension scheme, team events and company breakfasts
- Attractively equipped retreat rooms (table football, PS4 etc.), free catering (fruit, drinks, coffee, etc.) and much more
- A company with a sustainable business idea – We give used goods a new home
Apply today! (You do not need to write a motivation letter. The CV is enough for us.)