Senior Software Engineer (Java)
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Software Engineer at SnapEngage, you will work with an, agile, distributed, and passionate team to develop new and exciting features and write highly scalable code for our live chat and customer engagement platform that handles millions of requests each day.
Our senior engineers need to have deep technical knowledge as well as great leadership skills. You will be expected to have the ability to lead a team and work closely with our Product Owner to deliver solutions to a very high standard.
You will have at least 4 years experience as a Java developer and be familiar with building for a SAAS platform (or similar large scale web apps). Demonstrable knowledge of Google App Engine would be an advantage.
As Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Design and develop new, innovative, scalable services & APIs receiving millions of requests per day
- Research new technologies and methodologies to improve our products and development workflow
- Contribute ideas to improve our service and software
- Maintain and improve existing functionality
- Coach other developers with code reviews, pair programming, etc.
On projects you will be:
- Designing and developing new features for our customer admin dashboard and chat portal
- Extending our analytics and real time event streaming platform
- Developing and maintaining our real time web services, using Jersey (JAX-RS) and Java servlets on Google AppEngine
- Maintaining and developing new integrations with external CRMs and Help Desks (REST, JSON, XML)
This position is a full-time role based in our Berlin office.
About You (this role is perfect if you have):
- Authorization to work in Berlin, Germany.
- 4+ years’ experience in Java programming.
- 3+ years’ experience developing large scale web applications.
- Appreciation for and the ability to write clean, efficient, and testable code.
- The ability to function and communicate effectively in an English speaking environment.
- Familiarity with Google AppEngine and Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
- A love for solving complex technical problems.
- A relentless positive attitude and a team mentality.
You can read more about our stack here: https://stackshare.io/snapengage/snapengage
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) in an Agile environment.
Why Work Here
- Two, optional work-from-home days for the entire team: Mondays and Fridays.
- International travel opportunities, including a yearly, team retreat.
- Company-sponsored educational and growth opportunities.
- Open book management and a leadership team that cares.
- Wellness, rewards, and give-back programs.
- Weekly, in-office German class.
Who We Are
Born of the TechStars program in Boulder, CO, SnapEngage is self-funded, profitable, and deeply committed to providing a unique and exceptional employee and client experience. With offices in Boulder, Colorado and Berlin, Germany, and sporting employees from several different nations, we pride ourselves in being a diverse, transparent, and balanced workplace.
SnapEngage is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.