Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d)
caresyntax® Inc., together with its global medical device integration solutions arm, maintains a worldwide installed base of nearly 7,000 operating rooms, supporting over 10 million procedures per year. And this is just the beginning – we’re growing fast!
Headquartered in Boston and Berlin, with over 100 employees from more than 33 different nationalities, we seek highly-motivated and passionate individuals to join us on our mission of improving surgical care.
Your work scope
- Design and implement robust software for use in critical healthcare situations.
- Develop web based, Cloud based, multitenant applications based on Java and Spring Boot
- Design and implement microservice based architecture
- Update UI appearance by means of css and xml
- Implement test coverage using JUnit, Mockito, Spock
- Develop IoT software components in Java, C#, or C++
- Design and implement external facing APIs used by 3rd party app developers
- Participate in an Agile, SCRUM-based software development lifecyle.
- Take ownership of portions of this process, including occasionally leading daily standup meetings or retros.
- Design and implement software according to industry regulations (e.g. ISO, HIPAA, etc.) and internal company policies
- Mentor junior/new colleagues
- Familiar with agile/scrum development methodology
- College/University degree in computer science or related major
- 5+ years Java development experience in developing commercial software product
- 5+years of experience in implementing web-based, cloud-based (AWS), multitenant application
- Experience with microservice design pattern and implementation
- Experience working with remote and globally distributed team
- Healthcare experience a big plus
- JavaFX experience a big plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skill in English (verbal and written)
- Warm-hearted, flexible, and solution-oriented culture with open feedback culture
- Flexible working times, including part-time models, tandem positions, trust-based working times (where applicable)
- Wellness Bonus! A Wellness Stipend of 400 euro gross annual benefit to contribute to your personal health and wellness
- Room to introduce and implement creative ideas and develop your talents with technical training and individualised continued education
- Health benefits, such as eye tests, qi gong – we’re open for your ideas!
- Professional and intellectual knowledge exchange with highly-talented and ambitious colleagues from all over the world