Machine Learning Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Micropsi Industries is a robotics software company. We make a product called MIRAI, a first-of-its-kind robot control system that, by way of artificial intelligence, enables robots to learn from humans and act in dynamic environments. With about 30 people, most of them at our headquarters in Berlin Neukölln, we are working to make task-specific, on-site machine learning for industrial robotics a reality. Micropsi Industries is backed by Project A Ventures, Coparion, Vito Ventures, M Ventures, Amplifier, and a group of experienced business angels from Munich and Berlin.
Micropsi Industries is seeking a machine learning software engineer to develop a distributed training system for machine learning in 3D physics simulations, in close collaboration with our machine learning team and our partners from academia and industry. Your system will teach collaborative robots to see better and operate more flexibly in the world around them.
We enjoy working with people who are as comfortable sharing what they do not know as what they know. We value curiosity, fact-based decision making, and the ability to pick the right problems to work on, more so than raw cleverness. For this role in particular, which will integrate several ongoing efforts by other groups, technical communication skills will be key.
- Design and develop a system that connects our ML training routines with an existing physics simulation environment and coordinates parallel training processes.
- Identify requirements and design technical solutions, in close collaboration with our ML team and our partners from academia and industry.
- Depending on your interests and experience, participate in designing and executing machine learning experiments on this training platform, along with our machine learning team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Several years in professional software development, including Python.
- Solid experience with C, C++, and Python C bindings.
- Experience writing networked applications (e.g., client/server systems).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent research experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: machine learning, computer vision, 3D graphics, and robotics.
- Previous involvement in larger research projects.
We are very much looking forward to your application. Please upload your CV and a short motivation letter which indicates your earliest possible start date on our website: www.micropsi-industries.com/join-us
By submitting your CV you authorize us to transmit and store your information in our recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies within Micropsi Industries.