Senior Software Engineer
Remerge is a fast-growing mobile advertising scale-up that has become the no.1 app retargeting company over the last 6 years with offices spanning Berlin, San Francisco, New York, Singapore, Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo. Remerge enables app developers to re-engage up to 3.3 million users per second across 1 million apps globally in order to increase retention and boost user lifetime value. We love data, designing for the user and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions.
As a part of our Backend team you will be working on our bidding, data processing and machine learning infrastructure. This involves services which are distributed around the globe, handling more than two million requests per second and generating terabytes of data daily. Our tech stack consists of a variety of technologies such as Golang, Python, Kafka, Druid, Aerospike, Elasticsearch, TensorFlow, Hadoop, Spark, Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Add features to and refactor existing code on our bidder while maintaining a sub 100ms response latency.
- Build real-time processing pipelines to transform, aggregate, and ship data both internally and to external partners.
- Develop supporting systems and infrastructure for machine learning research, such as model repositories, feature stores, and training environments.
- Decide on appropriate metrics, logging, and alerting to ensure our distributed system stays in sync and operational 24/7/365.
- Work in a hybrid environment that mixes on-premise with cloud based infrastructure (mainly AWS and GCP).
- We are not concerned with what kind of certificates and diplomas you have acquired so far if you are able to pragmatically solve a problem.
- A good understanding of underlying software development and computer science concepts.
- Previous experience with, or a strong desire to learn, the Go programming language.
- Analytical skills for performing exploratory work, combining data from multiple sources to find patterns.
- Interest in developing solutions for problems inherent to globally distributed real-time systems.
- Previous experience building and working with machine learning infrastructure is a plus.
- Ownership of your work – build it, deploy it, fix it, monitor it, repeat.
- Ability to communicate ideas, technical concepts, and analysis results in a meaningful way to non-technical colleagues
- Team that values good engineering practices, lean processes and simplest working solutions
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Mentorship program for technical and non-technical skills
- Work when and where it best fits you either from home or our brand new office
- Generous remuneration package including virtual shares, a dedicated education budget and end of the year bonus
- Travel to our offices around the globe for a short term assignment for up to a month each year
- Comfortable work setup – laptop, phone, screen(s), standing desk etc.
- Support for your setup while working from home
Remerge is an Equal Opportunity Employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. We’re looking forward to your application!