Senior Software Engineer
Join us in building the best cloud-native platform for our AI computer vision software.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our exciting start-up, working within our agile engineering team, and playing a key role in building and delivering VisioLab’s brand new Dish Recognition Platform.
The platform provides a cutting-edge food payment experience for cafeterias and restaurants around the world, and at the same time monitors user activity and provides reports for caterers. This works through caterer onboarding of dishes with a single or few references images (few-shot learning) and on-device inference (edge computing) on an iPad and regular cloud-based model training. Our ultimate goal is to scale this approach to work for thousands of dining facilities around the globe.
You will design and build high performing API’s, robust microservices, cloud native databases, AI model deployment and infrastructure in support of the company’s vision for a supremely scalable, extensible, and highly performing cloud-native solution.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude with strong initiative, team-working skills, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Considerable mentorship skills and experience developing and leading a team.
- Strong communicator – Can clearly and precisely articulate complex and dynamic business requirements to both tech and business stakeholders
- An understanding of the principles behind great software design, allowing you to write code that’s clean, fast, and scalable.
- Well-practiced with Agile Development Methodology, working in short sprint cycles.
- 5+ years of Python experience
- 5+ years SQL experience
- Test driven development and CI/CD
- Experience with full SaaS lifecycle from conception to operation
- REST API and software architecture (Django is a plus)
- An opportunity to design and build our new, highly sophisticated cloud-native platform
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud-based technologies available, working closely with top experts in the industry
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly, and hardworking team
- Flexible remote working
- Competitive salary
- Share options package – a rare opportunity to get in early and shape the culture of the company
Get in touch and you will receive a response within 1 week.