Server Team Lead
Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people – no matter where they are in their health journey – unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone.
Our culture is fast-paced, high-energy and continually growing! We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day! Our work is interesting and fun, because our team members are unique, talented and dynamic. We provide a setting where enthusiastic team members work together and take joy in coming to work. There are exciting career opportunities and advancement is supported by leadership teams who are invested in the growth and development of you.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and improve the Server infrastructure and be the service owner through the Server’s entire life-cycle
- Define the strategy in the Server team and make sure that company goals are met
- Act as a point of contact for every Server related issue
- Take a leading role in sprints and release plans
- Set priorities in accordance with the roadmap and business requirements
- Provide scalable, testable, and valuable Server solutions
- Define APIs
- Ensure quality by implementing unit and integration tests
- Continuously innovate to achieve valuable improvements
- Integrate with other teams’ services
- Contribute to the backend infrastructure project and be a significant voice in the backend team
- Design and develop backend services as part of cross-functional feature teams
- Coordinate Server teams worldwide for the Sharecare platform
- Manage team resources to ensure maximum efficiency
- Manage risks for plans and deployments
- Document Server processes and matters
- Mentor and train Server team members, assess their performance, and plan training programs
- Assess Server candidates for HR recruitment.
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related area
- At least 3 years of experience of successful leadership of a backend team
- At least 5 years of experience in professional software development in OOP languages with backend and frontend development teams working on complex development projects
- Fluent in English
- Eligibility to work in Germany would be advantageous.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven knowledge of software development lifecycles and industry best practices, designing and developing complex, scalable servers in Java or Go
- In-depth knowledge of database architecture, architecture constructs, REST, scalability, performance and tuning
- Willingness to take initiative and solve critical problems constructively and professionally
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately, work in a fast paced, pressured environment with tight deadlines and multiple releases per sprint
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring, reliability, and scalability
- Preferred experience with Docker, configuration management systems such as Ansible or similar grid computing technologies, CI build tools such as Jenkins, and logging and monitoring tools like DataDog and Prometeus
- Knowledge of Linux stack, source version control software (Subversion, Git) and comfort with Bash commands
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams to diagnose and debug complex systems and participate in investigating build, deployment, and operational issues
- Ability to work well with other team members in creative and technical positions, and also with stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills, resulting in inspiring team members and forging of trusting relationships within a diverse team and across the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations, short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- A generous perks and benefits program including:
- Office snacks
- Team building activities
- Company parties
- Office spine gymnastics
- Office massages
- Monthly ticket for public transport (Office workers)
- Educational activities budget
- Subsidy for occupational pension / occupational disability insurance
- Referral bonus program
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Sharecare. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
Please apply with the link below.