Senior/Mid/Junior Software Developer / Cloud Platform
Who we are…?
Safety io provides cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market-leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. We are an international company with offices in Germany and the USA. Our parent company, MSA is an international company, employing about 5000 people, operating all over the globe.
What we are looking for
We are looking for Software Developers to join us in our agile working environment in Berlin. You can help to improve and grow the Safety io Cloud Platform. You will contribute to the health and safety of workers all around the world.
Our Current Tech Stack
Our techstack consists of various parts using Python, NodeJS, Postgres and leverages AWS utilising managed services such as Lambdas, IoT, Glue and more. We have a strong focus on automation. We select what is best for the task and are always looking to improve and take advantage of the latest technology and methodologies. If you see a better way let\’s use it!
Role and Responsibilities
- Being part of a cross functional team of different domain experts working closely with internal customers.
- Develop, deploy and operate services for the Safety io Cloud Platform.
- Use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed and quality.
- Utilize tools like pair programming to write clean and iterative code while applying best practices.
- Constantly improve processes and services.
- Professional experience of API design and cloud technologies.
- Bachelor\’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or comparable.
- Experience of API design and cloud technologies is a plus.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office
- Great work / life balance with overtime being given back!
- 30 days vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference — at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity, individual input and knowledge sharing
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Free BVG Travel Pass or “Jobrad” bicycle
- A budget to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g. German & English)
- Modern office spaces
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit and monthly team breakfast
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!