Mid/Senior Software Developer
Who we are…?
Safety io revolutionise cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market and industry leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. Our products are used and loved by thousands and our code saves lives!
We are an international company parented by MSA with offices in Berlin, Germany; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Cranberry, USA. Our Berlin team spreads over 16 nationalities!
Our Current Tech Stack
Our techstack consists various parts using Angular, NodeJS, Postgres and running on AWS utilising managed services like Lambdas, ECR and Kinesis streams. We have a strong focus on automatising. We cherry pick the best parts of what we like and are always looking to improve and take advantage of the latest technology and methodologies. If you see a better way let’s use it!
Role and Responsibilities
The role would see you working in a cross functional team (Full Stack Developers, Backend End Developers, QA Developers, Dev Ops Developers and Designers) developing and supporting new and existing features for our Industrial Grid product. You will contribute to our existing methodologies to deliver quality cloud software whilst always trying to improve and increase our processes. You should be enthusiastic to promote knowledge sharing via pair programming, shadowing, code review, demoing or whatever means possible. You will be passionate in contributing to decision making and idea generation to ensure that we stay on the bleeding edge of innovating safety technology.
- Desire to influence product direction and architecture
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office
- Great work / life balance with overtime being given back!
- 30 days vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference — at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity, individual input and knowledge sharing
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Free BVG Travel Pass or “Jobrad” bicycle
- A budget to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g. German & English)
- Modern office spaces
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit and monthly team breakfast
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!