Software Engineer – Backend
Companies shouldn’t have to struggle to buy things. They should be able to empower their employees, have control over what they spend on, and save as much time and money as possible. Since 2020, Pliant has been on a mission to enable organizations to do just that. With its app-based solution, Pliant gives companies the ability to issue physical and digital credit cards, track spends, and seamlessly integrate all of this data to an entire ecosystem of other finance and accounting tools. Moreover, with a program called Pliant Earth, companies gain an easy means to combat climate change by allowing them to offset their CO2 emissions automatically through certified providers.
Pliant is on a path of growing quickly. With our expansion into 9 international markets, we believe that people, passion, and diversity are the key ingredients to our future success. Our growing team of 100+ Plianteers come from 25 nationalities and work remotely or in a hybrid environment from our headquarters in the heart of Berlin. And we’re looking for more talented and committed people to join us on our journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
🚀 As part of the Engineering department, you will join one of our cross-functional teams of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and designers.
You will be playing a key role in delivering innovative features paired with a great user experience to our business customers. For this purpose, you have good attention to detail and don’t just work on code but bring a product to life!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conception, definition, and further development of our banking platform.
- Ensuring a scalable, maintainable, and secure microservice architecture.
- Implementation of integration and E2E tests.
WHAT YOU’RE BRINGING
- Expertise in building testable, maintainable, and extendable architecture.
- Obsession with the best engineering practices.
- Knowledge of distributed architecture patterns and antipatterns.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with Java and Spring Boot.
- Proficiency with REST APIs.
- Proficiency with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL).
- Great automation testing skills.
- Experience with AWS and Docker.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Basic knowledge of web development and React.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work in a growing team with big responsibilities that thrives on a strong exchange of knowledge and excellence.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Flat hierarchy and transparent communication in a relaxed, professional atmosphere.
- Opportunity to develop your talent in a dynamic team with ambitious goals.
- Device and technical setup of your choice.
- Flexibility and possibility to work remotely.
- Company card with a monthly allowance for lunches, coffee, etc. with co-workers.