Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Shape the future of the tour & activity sector!
bookingkit is the European market leader in online booking and management software for tour & activity providers. We enable providers in the leisure industry to digitize their business operations and generate more revenue. The software allows a high degree of automation in managing a wide range of leisure activities and can be implemented in a provider’s website as a ready-to-use solution.
We have strong technology partnerships with the most recognized international travel marketing platforms such as TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide, and mydays, but now we need YOU to join our great team and enormous market potential. We are looking for active contributors with fresh ideas, commitment, energy and passion for our vision to digitalize the leisure market and all our customers – from outdoor to indoor, from cooking school to paintball.
You long for challenges? You want to develop yourself personally? You want to learn from the best? Then you are perfect with us! Become a part of our team – become a „bookingkid“!
- As a Software Engineer (mainly PHP, as well as ReactJS) you are reporting directly to our Head of Product.
- You are part of the Engineering team at bookingkit and will be working closely together with product managers and UX designers to conceptualize and build innovative and scalable software for our B2B customers.
- You will rebuild our complete design system (UI & UX) with ReactJS, as well as improve existing systems in PHP as well.
- Based on your experience, your knowledge in ReactNative, Go, Python, DevOps processes and AWS environments will come in handy.
- bookingkit is building the leading infrastructure for tours & activities in Europe. Thus, at our core we are a B2B2C company, driven by SaaS and APIs.
- You will have the chance to not only work on a SaaS system, but also the eCommerce experience of thousands of our customers and thus millions of consumers.
- Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development.
- Your role is to be part of a complete UX rework and the rollout of a design system using state of the art technology.
- In order to succeed on that mission we are recruiting top tier engineers to support us on our path.
- Build and launch scalable, production-ready software.
- Collaborate with product managers & UX designers during product exploration to give context on feasibility.
- Contribute to the product, UX/UI design and software architecture.
- Share your knowledge and experience with other engineers.
YOU SHOULD BRING AT LEAST
- Working experience of at least 3-5 years.
- You are experienced in ReactJS. You have extended experience in PHP as well.
- Building design systems is familiar to you.
- Experience in Go, Python, DevOps processes and AWS environments is a definite plus.
- You are used to tight collaboration in cross-functional teams and can successfully help the team explore the feasibility of ideas, as well as deliver high-quality software to market.
- You are fluent in English and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a high level.
THIS WOULD BE A NICE TO HAVE
- You speak German.
- You have experience in the startup environment.
We invest in your future:
We care about individualized personal and professional development. After 6 months, we provide you with a development budget of up to 1000 € plus an extra day off for training and development purposes. Frequent feedback and coaching sessions with your Team Lead help you to achieve your career goals.
We live our values:
Flat hierarchies and #transparency are no empty promises! Share your ideas and #bookingkidness with us and contribute to our #growth. We #trust you to do a great job at your own pace: flexible working hours and home office prove it.
We believe in work-life-balance:
You will work with the best in the industry- 90 great colleagues from 17 nations are waiting for you to join us. We love to share our knowlegde in bookingkit university, but of course there is always time for fun team events- our monthly Barbecues are legendary!
Please state your earliest starting date, salary expectation and the channel you´ve found this job ad at when applying.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!