Statistical Researcher / R Engineer (f/m/d) // Civey GmbH
Civey is the leading opinion tech company in Germany
We are at the forefront of a new generation of public opinion research. Instead of outdated methods we rely on digital technologies to pioneer high quality representative surveys in real time. Our vision is to enable everyone to access the results of our work.
One Million verified and monthly active participants
We are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in measuring public opinion. Through our network of more than 25.000 web pages we constantly gather data while employing state of the art statistical models to deliver advanced insights. With almost 400 million answered surveys since Civey’s start we run the largest opinion panel in Germany, with nearly every major German media outlet employing our data.
Now we are looking for you!
This is just the beginning. If you want to help transform the path of traditional opinion research and you live for new technologies, we are looking for you. You should have a confident, self-motivated and structured approach to new challenges, while aiming to higher standards than most. Sound good?
Your Job: You perform applied research at the frontier of digital opinion tech
- Together with our team, you are responsible for making sure that our products are built on sound statistical concepts and that our methodology is in line with state-of-the-art research.
- You work on our calibration procedures (raking, GREG), multilevel-regression with post-stratification (MRP), small area estimation, network analysis and similar topics.
- Your responsibility covers everything from early research stage to creating MVPs in R and Python and thoroughly testing your hypotheses on our data.
- Additionally, you support our Lead Statistician and our Product Owners with scientific cooperations and publications.
What we expect: You are a great statistician and proficient in R
- You are available from January 2020.
- You have a MSc in Statistics or a similar degree.
- You are proficient in R development. It is a plus if you have worked with Git and SQL before.
- You have a strong theoretical background in (mathematical) statistics, with a focus on survey statistics. It is a plus if you have gained relevant professional experience.
- You know how to translate theoretical concepts and ideas into testable hypotheses.
- You have good communication skills and are capable of independently driving your own projects.
- Bonus: You have a background or interest in social sciences and opinion research.
We’re offering more than just benefits
- Our values: We’re combining a conclusive business model with our vision to give all people access to high-quality opinion research.
- International: Our team is from China, Italy, Brasil, Germany, Vietnam and many other countries. Those who want can join our weekly German course.
- Visa support: We support our candidates throughout the whole visa process.
- Personal development: We promise a steep learning curve and an opportunity to boost your career.
- Equality: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, ethnicity or belief to apply at Civey.
- Fair deal: We’ve devoted ourselves to fairness and transparency – this is why we foster a culture of constructive criticism. In return, we ask for your full commitment.
- Good location: Our office is located between Mitte and Kreuzberg, close to Moritzplatz.
- Training: We cover 90% of the costs of books, conferences and workshops.
- Exercise and transportation: We cover your gym contract or your BVG-ticket.
- Good start into the day: We offer you a healthy breakfast and fresh coffee.
- Team Events: Celebrate with your colleagues on a regular basis.
- Technical equipment: We’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be able to work efficiently.
- Ask-me-Anything: Every employee can anonymously ask questions that the directors have to answer publicly.
- Clear structure: We have a proven feedback system consisting of stand-ups, review meetings and retrospectives.
- Benefit from success: Committed colleagues have the opportunity to become part of our employee participation program.
- Recreation: We offer 30 days vacation, flexible working hours, overtime compensation and home office if needed.
We are looking forward to your application.
Please send us your CV, your desired start date and your salary expectation.