Team Lead (Frontend, Canvas Engine, Renderer)
About the team
The Render Team team will be responsible for building the render core of the Miro Whiteboard. We care a lot about the performance of our product. The team goal is to provide a render engine that will be able to render thousands of widgets in a collaboration scenario.
Collaboration inside the team is as important as in product, that’s why we pay attention to a friendly atmosphere, microclimate, and self-development.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer who will help us achieve ambitious goals. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, readiness to drive change, and experiment in search of the best solution to crafting the core of Miro Whiteboard. You will be responsible for the important parts of the code and be willing to take difficult challenges.
What you’ll do
- Design the technical architecture of render API
- Implement render engine in collaboration with other teams
- Work on performance and optimizations
- Work on decoupling and isolating core components
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of developing complex, highly usable apps or games
- Ability to design consistent API for other developers
- Design and deliver architecture of core components
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Ability to analyze and formalize technical solutions
- You are motivated to collaborate actively with the team and develop high-quality solutions quickly, without mentorship
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, WebSocket, Webpack, Canvas API, PixiJS
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.