IPlytics is seeking a Technical Lead for its Platform team. If problem solving is your cup of tea, have advanced knowledge and immense passion for building performant, scalable and top of the class web applications, this career opportunity is for you!
IPlytics is an innovative market intelligence company headed up by a team of economists, computer engineers and data scientists. We are a tech company in its core. We use data engineering, data science and machine learning to change the way companies are interacting with business-critical data.
As a Technical Lead, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports our platform product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a “force multiplier”.
What You Will Do:
- Work as a member of a product team which builds features that impact the bottom line for IPlytics.
- Continuously work to improve self and team through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Implement design patterns to make our applications highly scalable and performant.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- Lead continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers.
- Cultivate an inclusive and rich engineering culture.
- Responsible for quality and stability of delivered work.
- Lead unit and functional testing efforts to certify the team’s work is good.
- Accountable for leading engineering efforts from inception to delivery.
- Initiate and facilitate necessary cross-organization communication to complete work.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- 3 year degree or equivalent experience.
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience building accessible web user interfaces.
- Experience utilizing modern web style libraries (e.g. Sass, styled-components).
- Experience performance tuning web client applications.
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Cypress, Cucumber).
- Experience building dashboards, charts, graphs or representing complex hierarchical data using D3.js or equivalent libraries.
- Familiarity with build tools (e.g. Webpack, Rollup, NPM Scripts, Gulp).
- Experience working on projects orchestrating containerization (e.g. Docker).
- Extensive hands on experience integrating with REST APIs.
- Knowledgeable of micro-service design patterns.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Spinnaker, Drone, Jenkins, Git, etc.).
- Experience working with Git.
- Experience with Search engines tools like Solr or Elastic search is a big plus.
- Experience with Java 8 or above, Spring Boot, JPA and databases is a big plus.
- Experience with GRAPHQL is a plus.
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, including the ability to both effectively engage and inspire one’s team members.
What We Offer:
- Open door culture, we progress and learn together and from each other
- No Top-Down-Only approaches, we value your thoughts and ideas and improve by everyone’s input
- Urban Sports Membership options
- A steep learning curve and cross-departmental insight
- A modern workspace within an international tech community office
Interested? Awesome, just send an email to email@example.com. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
* At IPlytics we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in our value driven and open minded mindset that promotes a fair and inclusive culture