Technical Lead Ruby on Rails Backend Developer (m/w/d) // Taledo
Taledo is a digital recruitment platform – we connect top candidates with top companies in Germany. Our focus is on IT, Sales and Marketing roles in digital companies. Through steady growth we continuously expand our branches of business. Our team size has doubled since last year and we are happy to welcome you on board at our office at Berlin Alexanderplatz as a new team member.
We are able to find perfectly matching jobs for candidates in market leading companies in Germany thanks to our professional Team and our innovative technology.
Our ambitious team consists of 17 different nationalities and is working hard to become the #1 digital recruitment platform.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Technical Lead you will have direct impact on expanding Taledo’s backend while also working on structural tasks. You are an important and valued team member taking initiative for your development within the company. At the same time you are the first person to proactively reach out to your colleagues with your expertise to support them with solving problems.
- You will work independently on the development of Taledo’s backend services/APIs
- You make sure the team’s code quality always meets a high standard
- You are able to make sustainable, architectural decisions efficiently
- You stay technologically up-to-date, evaluate pros and cons considering useability for Taledo and proactively reach out to the team with relevant ideas
- You will report to and work directly with the CTO and discuss all improvements
- You will develop one or more specialities within the backend and share your gained knowledge with all team members in weekly meetings
- You have minimum 5 years of experience with RoR and also worked with other relevant backend technologies
- Experience in the field of infrastructure, especially Docker
- You have seen different platforms in the course of the last few years and are aware of best-practices while also being open for new approaches
- You have a thoroughly qualitative working style
- You are highly motivated and want to have an impact on a huge project
- You hold a degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- At Taledo you will work with a highly motivated team in a truly international atmosphere
- We provide a professional environment that allows you to stay focused but also leaves room for creativity
- Open and honest communication on all levels is important to us
- We are always open to constructive feedback and expect the same from you
- Knowledge sharing and constant learning are pillars of our culture hence we give you the opportunity to work on interesting side projects and develop your core or non-core competencies
- We offer responsibility from the start in a flat hierarchy environment with a doer & maker mindset
- We provide breakfast, sweet and salty snacks, fruits and drinks
- We organize regular team events and keep the atmosphere in the office very casual and friendly
- We have flexible working hours and offer additional vacation entitlement for every year you are part of Taledo
- Our office and the team is pet friendly