VP of Engineering // Ruum by SAP
Ruum is SAP’s next-generation work & process management platform. We are the flagship product of the SAP.iO Venture Studio, an Incubation Unit within SAP, the world market leader in Enterprise Software and Germany’s most valuable company.
We’re a 20 people team, lean and laser-focused, with a big vision: Simplifying teamwork for a billion users across the globe. We’ve grown our product to users from more than 2.000 companies in the last year, and we received €10m Series A funding from SAP. Given our strong traction, the considerable market buzz on collaborative work management, and our unique setup of being part of a global tech giant, we believe we have the opportunity of a lifetime to make a significant impact in the world of SaaS!
We are looking for a VP of Engineering, an inspiring leader and role model, to help us grow our engineering, testing, and data science team from 12 to circa 50 team members in the coming 24 months.
We’re proud of the diverse and talented team we’ve built so far, check out our current team setup: https://www.ruumapp.com/team
Learn more about SAP.iO and how we run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3GuI5JV6rc, plus the outtakes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjViYiIJlfk ;)
Our tech stack is continually evolving, currently, we work with: AWS, Node, TypeScript, Angular, Postgres, Jupyterhub, Ambassador, Kubernetes, HAProxy, Redis, Elastic Search, Keycloak, Jenkins, Github
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Leading and structuring a cross-functional engineering team including Developers, Data Scientists, and DevOps specialists. The team has 12 employees and will grow further this year.
- Attract, hire, and grow top engineering talent; actively mentor and motivate your team
- Be responsible for coordinating delivery, timeline, and execution with other teams
- Ensure our existing products are stable, and optimized for performance
- Stay on top of our team structures and processes and bring in your ideas, so we ensure ongoing collaboration in a growing team; bringing more structure to product development overall
- Facilitate collaboration both within and beyond the team
- Make sure we have an exceptional onboarding for new team members and a personal growth strategy for every developer
- Assist in strategic decisions about tech and infrastructure
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Take ownership and be solution-oriented
- Great and proactive communicator and empathetic and accessible technical leader
- Be open to new and other technologies
- You are familiar with: TypeScript, Angular, Postgres, TensorFlow, PyTorch, AWS, Ambassador, Kubernetes, HAProxy, Redis, Elastic Search, Keycloak, Jenkins
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Prior experience building new products in a start-up environment and managing a fast-growing team
- Previous experience with enterprise software, preferably SAP technology
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- MS, MBA, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience working as senior software developer or architect
- 4+ years of experience leading and growing an engineering organization