Vue.js Front-end Developer (remote)
- Location of work: Fully remote
- Time zones: We can consider all timezones from UTC-4 to UTC+2
- Contract type: Contractor or employment contract
babelforce is revolutionising how businesses communicate, automating complex processes and perfecting customer experiences. Our platform enables our users to build and automate all kinds of telephony or messaging processes, then integrate them with any system to offer seamless, context-rich experiences.
babelforce is an exciting high-growth startup with a welcoming, sociable atmosphere. Geekiness is encouraged and curiosity rewarded. We offer fantastic opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to work with cutting-edge technologies.
We are looking for a frontend developer to help us build and continuously improve our web applications and UI component library. You will work closely with the Head of Product Development and our other backend/frontend developers within a cross-functional team in order to deliver great user experiences.
The best candidates will have a mix of technical expertise in designing and building complex apps and clients to consume modern REST APIs, an interest in developing solutions to complex user processes (for example graphical process-flow interfaces) as well as a passion for creating high quality, performant, and testable code.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new features and fix bugs for core platform applications made in Vue.js
- Apply modern UI design principles to shape the look and feel of babelforce interfaces
- Submit merge requests and receive/assign tasks in our issue tracking and code management systems
- Conduct code reviews, assessing proposed changes from technical and functional perspectives
- Participate in planning meetings and help to develop the product roadmap
- Lead and contribute to the development of technology guidelines
- Learn about VoIP technologies and use this knowledge to inform development of communications-related functionality
- Use best practices to write reactive code
Examples of recent projects include:
- A real-time dashboard interface for contact centre agent users. Data is served via API and push to provide KPI metrics and operations overviews for communications processes.
- A Vue.js rewrite & overhaul for our core telephony communications app. This was an opportunity for babelforce developers to help design better UI structures and build new kinds of interactions/functions together with the product management team.
- Implemented end-to-end testing in core applications using a popular framework. This ongoing work challenges our frontend team to cover complex user interaction flows, and continues to improve stability whilst picking up potential optimizations.
What you should bring:
- General familiarity with Node.js/NPM
- Previously held a leading role in a fast-changing environment
- Some experience with Jest/Cypress or similar testing tools
- Some experience with developing responsive pages (desktop and mobile)
- Familiarity with GitLab or equivalent source code management system and ticketing systems like Jira
- Proficient English-speaker with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Technology-agnostic approach to problem-solving and system design
- Self-starter personality who is comfortable working independently, but thrives in small cross-functional teams
Nice to have:
- Experience with vue.js ecosystem: vuex, vue-router
- Some UX/design experience
- Experience working within agile environments
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: OpenAPI Specification, JSON Schema, Kubernetes; Java/Groovy (Quarkus/Grails); VoIP/SIP technologies
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task and willing to learn, we absolutely want to get to know you!
- flexible and fast moving work environment with an exciting international team, working from all over the world
- a welcoming, respectful working culture with extensive onboarding and trainings
- the chance to work on high-impact features from day 1 and many upcoming opportunities to grow and develop
- casual online team events and get-togethers like “Drink and talk” and game nights with the whole global team
- flat hierarchies enabling agile decision-making
- a modern workplace in Berlin Mitte (though we are remote-first and recruit from all over the world)
babelforce is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. At babelforce we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and products will be. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to apply!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please email us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (title of the position in the subject line) and tell us in a few sentences about why you think you would be a good fit, when your earliest availability would be and what is your expected salary.