Working Student – Fullstack Engineer (React, Typescript, Rails) (f/m/d)
Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters – our customers – who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1700 customers and a team of 170+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe – making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
🌱 Your role
We are looking for a working student to support us long-term up to 20h/week in our Berlin Office.
Our recruiter portal is how thousands of recruiters access the HeyJobs platform to solve their hiring needs by getting access to talent with perfectly matched candidates.
As a working student full-stack engineer in the team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining significant parts of our user flows and helping us in improving the recruitment process for our clients’ open positions.
Your work will involve discussing, helping to design, and implement various parts of our product, including but not limited to: services, APIs, user flows, layouts, controls, and interactions.
You will maintain and extend various systems that work behind the scenes and enable our business, like redesigning the budget acquisition flow, rethinking the data models we use to screen candidates, or bringing our technical stack to the next level.
In your role, you will report directly to the Recruiter Portal Engineering Manager.
🎯 You will:
- Work with the Product Owner to design and build features that help recruiters making the right hirese
- Participate in designing APIs and interactions between backend and frontend.
- Work on integrating tools and practices that enables us to build a better product.
🤩 You have:
- Student status in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering.
- Free time to work at least 10-15h a week with us ideally over 3-4 days/week.
- Excellent English skills – both in writing as well as speaking.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Good knowledge of web technologies (http, html, css, js, …).
- Experience in unix/linux environment.
- Proactive and self-reliant – you work independently with some guidance.
- Reliable and committed to deliver solutions fast
- The ability to work with us for at least 12 months (rather longer)
- Strong interest in fast-paced tech startup industry and software product development
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and acquire new skills fast
- Good German skills is a plus.
- Experience with React
- Experience with JS SPAs (Single-Page Applications)
- Experience with ruby + ruby on rails
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals who want to make a difference. Thus we are interested in information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your day job both technical and non-technical.
Depending on your performance and aspirations, this can be a possible door opener to an entry-level position in our company.
🌎 Why HeyJobs?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more here.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values – Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive – are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Remote work: 100% in the current situation, 3 days a week usually
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career framework supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’000 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: 100% Home Office in the current situation, with the possibility of booking workplaces in the Office; flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, several weeks/year full remote work, 3 work from home days/week
- Perks & Benefits: Mila health, weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
🕵️♀️ Want to know more about us?
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin’s best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin, Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
Check out our blog, LinkedIn, or our tech blog to find out more about us.