At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
- You will be a key member of Wooga’s accounting team, performing accounting entries, preparing the appropriate documentation and assessing the accounting treatment of business transactions
- You will provide support in various reporting and analysis tasks
- You will participate in month-end closing activities and look for ways to apply your experience to ensure we continue improving and developing processes
- Using Excel-based analysis from accounting data, you will provide the management team with financial insight and decision-making information in corporation with Wooga’s Senior Financial Controller FP&A
- You will work together with our tax advisers on tax matters
- You will help align and improve our accounting system to ensure it best reflects the organization’s structure
- You will use your experience to develop meaningful ideas to implement new business procedures
- You will lead the preparation of our monthly payroll files for our external payroll provider
- You will be the main point of contact for auditors and payment service providers such as banks
- You are an accountant with 3+ years of professional experience in financial accounting and have passed the Bilanzbuchhalter exam
- You have a full understanding of the requirements of German GAAP and German tax regulations
- You have good knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP
- Experience in implementing SOX requirements is a plus
- You have experience with ERP systems such as SAP Business One, MS Dynamics and advanced knowledge in Excel
- You are fluent in English and German language; English is our office language, but due to job requirements, German fluency is required
- You are proactive: you independently take over tasks and contribute ideas to find solutions for individual problems
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success – we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!