Authenteq is a well-established startup, building an innovative online identity verification platform that allows marketplaces to verify a user’s identity in real-time. We have global ambitions and are aiming for partnerships with the biggest websites around the world.
- You have successfully completed a degree in economics or have completed a commercial education with a qualifying training / further education (We consider candidates without a university degree as well if they bring the necessary experience).
- At least 2 years of professional experience in group accounting (experience with consolidated accounts preferred).
- You have a good knowledge of local German accounting standard (HGB) and IFRS, an analytical mindset, and a strong understanding of numbers.
- You have very good MS Office skills, especially in MS Excel.
- You have a flexible, open personality, and you are a strong team player.
- You are motivated, have a positive can-do attitude, and can successfully enforce deadlines and policies by being persistent.
- Business fluency in English, the German language is desirable.
- The ideal candidate would have possessed an understanding of the requirements of German GAAP and German tax regulations and have passed the Bilanzbuchhalter exam.
What is in it for you:
- A young, but experienced and innovative start-up environment with professional growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary as well as a possibility to get equity in a growing company.
- Work tools of your choice to set up a pleasant working environment.
- Access to personal development budget and subsidy of your Urban Sports Club membership.
- Extra days off for self-development.
- A friendly and multicultural team that facilitates honest, transparent, and friendly workplace culture both at the office and remotely.
- Generous relocation package and support with the move or visa if you are not located in Berlin.
- Monthly team events for socialization, such as go-karting, stand-up paddling, escape rooms, and barbecues.
- Free snacks, drinks, and weekly team breakfast or pizza evenings on Fridays in a convenient location in Berlin Mitte.
Your responsibilities would be:
- Providing support in various reporting and analysis tasks.
- Participating in month-end closing activities, preparing P&L and management accounts.
- Collecting missing receipts and documents.
- Using Excel-based analysis from accounting data, you will provide the management team with financial insight and decision-making information.
- Performing accounting entries, preparing the appropriate documentation, and assessing the accounting treatment of business transactions (we use Quickbooks).
- Controlling and financial performance measurement, producing insightful reports to facilitate decision making for management and investors.
- Budgeting and forecasting processes, review and evaluate the overall performance in a high growth environment.
- Implementation of Cash Flow forecast.
- Working together with our external tax advisors and accountants.
- Leading the preparation of our monthly payroll files for our external payroll provider.
- Using your experience to develop meaningful ideas to implement new business procedures.
- Drive excellence in departmental and project cost reporting with thorough quality checks in our accounting and staying on top of the reporting process.
- Actively involved in topics such as cost controlling, budgeting, financial planning, and analysis and support our COO with ad-hoc reporting tasks.
Interested? You can apply for this job via the application form.
Agency calls are not appreciated.