Financial Analyst – Net Working Capital
After our recent $34M Series A by Tiger Global, we are looking for you to scale Hive’s cash collection processes:
Hive has built a fully new software solution to cover all operational steps of E-commerce companies along the value chain. With our software we can help our customers to fully focus on scaling and brand building as we love to cover for their operations. This entails order fulfillment through shop connections, warehouse management and delivery tracking.
To convert all our services to actual revenue and cash we have built an invoicing solution to collect and compile respective data into invoices. Management and analysis of our revenues and accounts receivable position is a central role between all teams and external B2B customers.
As Financial Analyst you would be part of our team around Financial Planning and Analysis as well as Net Working Capital Management
- Analyze the composition of our revenue across all work streams and find answers to complex questions from our key customers by using SQL and Google Sheets/Excel
- Provide unique and independent analysis on key revenue trends and issues across the company, for specific work streams, customers or geographies
- Analyze aspects and KPIs that have an impact on pricing and profitability
- Check and update the contract set up for our customers in our system where needed
- Drive and support our cash collection process around accounts receivable as a critical component of our net working capital:
- Drive and monitor processes to ensure an up to date invoicing system which is dependent on multiple inputs and stakeholders (Account and Onboarding Managers as well as respective work streams)
- Analyze the composition of accounts receivable to execute targeted measures for reduction and faster cash collection
- Find commercial solutions for our customers and Hive on any challenges arising from our invoicing system
- Support on financial reporting to investors and external auditors as the expert for revenue and accounts receivable
You will get a deep understanding of our system and how our services and data therein convert to actual revenue/cash for our company. As all our operations come together in Finance you will collaborate with nearly all teams to stay close on business offerings and potential impacts on invoicing processes. As a business partner for our tech team you set the roadmap for improvements and priorities for required developments.
We know that you can’t always tick every box. We’d still love to hear from you if you think you’d be a good fit
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or relevant working experience in Finance & Accounting
- Experience with SQL and an interest in understanding and changing existing system processes
- Experience around net working capital or accounts receivables management and relevant processes in this regard
- You are an analytical thinker and are able to deep dive into operational and tech related topics with own analytics, process proposal
- You are not afraid to proactively engage with several work streams and departments within our company – balancing requirements of our customers, teams and company
- You speak fluent English
- Be part of the Hive. You will work with a highly driven team of exceptional and experienced people in all domains. People at Hive have worked at organisations such as BIG-4, McKinsey, Amazon, Shopify, Google, Flink, Blackstone, J.P. Morgan, DHL before. We believe in a culture of trust, collaboration, empowerment and constructive feedback in a positive and inspiring work atmosphere
- Make an impact. Join a young company with an entrepreneurial culture operating at lightning speed — we want you to grow with us
- You will be valued. We offer attractive compensation, including virtual employee stock options for all full-time team members plus your choice of hardware according to your preference
- We support your wellbeing. Enjoy unlimited vacation days along with your own monthly wellness and productivity budget
- We will get you set up. Operating system and hardware of your choice, additional tech equipment that you need, screens, you name it — we want to enable you to do your best work
- There’s more! Enjoy flexible working hours, free drinks and snacks in our office in Berlin, Paris, Milan & Madrid and join regular team events such as off-sites and workations.
We provide logistics made for tomorrow.
Better e-commerce operations — fast, transparent, and affordable.
Hive’s mission is to enable merchants to grow by democratizing access to great operations. Hive is the operational brain for D2C brands, taking on order fulfillment, shipping, returns, and more for a wide range of companies and product categories. We help enable fast-growing brands such as Ela Mo and Holy Energy to grow.
Backed by acclaimed global investors including Tiger Global, EarlyBird, Picus Capital, Amplifier, and Activant, we are rapidly expanding our pan-European network with our newly opened fulfillment centers and offices in Paris and Milan, with Madrid and London in the pipeline.
Hive is the operations partner of the future
We question the conventional way of doing things and aim to push boundaries in all areas. Hive focuses on changing the way e-commerce fulfillment is done and strives to become the #1 end-to-end operations partner for e-commerce brands globally. We do this by giving them access to fast, flexible, and smooth operations and by creating a top-notch customer experience. By changing the status quo, we also rethink the impact of e-commerce operations on our environment. As a result, we aim to build carbon-neutral fulfillment operations and aim towards creating sustainable solutions in the logistics field.
At Hive, we believe fostering diversity in every team makes us a stronger company overall. We do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability, and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We strive to create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels encouraged to be their true self and to grow professionally.