FP&A Analyst / Financial Controller (f/m/d) – Berlin / Germany Remote
How you will make an impact
As our FP&A Analyst / Financial Controller, you will be part of the Operations team and report directly to the VP of Operations. You will become an integral part of our financial planning and analysis, month-end-closing, and annual budgeting process, and interact closely with various department heads on matters ranging from ad-hoc analysis to business function KPIs. You will be expected to proactively and continuously develop process improvements. The operations team is responsible for the company’s financial affairs, legal matters, and administrative duties.
Some of your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Create and prepare monthly management and investor reporting (including target/actual comparisons, variance analysis and commentary), support preparation of materials for board or management meetings and similar occasions.
- Work closely with the accounting team during month-end closing, ensuring the accuracy of financials.
- Develop and improve financial models used for FP&A.
- Prepare and execute budget and business planning for the various planning cycles, focusing on optimizing short- and long-term cash and liquidity forecasting.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and collaborate with other business functions to lead deep dives on KPIs / P&L items.
- Perform ad-hoc business and financial analysis to support recommendations to senior management.
- Work closely with the BI department to map the financial data and analyses in a BI system. You will be responsible for developing new finance dashboards.
- Manage and support digital transformation projects aiming at automating and optimizing processes.
- Support with audits of financial statements.
Our expectations from you
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- 3+ years experience in a Financial Controlling or FP&A role, ideally in a SaaS company
- Experience with implementing, running, and improving/automating financial budgeting, reporting, and controlling processes.
- Strong financial modeling skills with good accounting knowledge.
- Strong language skills in written and spoken German and English.
- Experience working in a scale-up or in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel and Google sheets.
- Experience with DATEV or similar accounting software
- Remote work is possible, but it would be required to work in Berlin at least once every month.
- Intro call with Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Structured competency-based Interview with the VP of Operations
- Case Study Presentation.
- Team Fit call and reference Check
- Job Offer.
The response time after application, screening applications, and setting up the first intro call is usually within 1-2 weeks. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
At Hygraph we’re building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Dr. Oetker, Shure, Samsung, Ashley Furniture, Telenor, Philips, and Gamescom. With over $35M in funding led by One Peak, alongside OpenOcean, Peak, and SquareOne Venture Capital, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of about 70 team members, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
We are an international and friendly team spread across 18 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat. We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership. We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.