Head of Accounting
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You’re excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
As Infarm’s ‘Head of Accounting’ you are responsible for for Infarm’s accounting and tax functions, including:
- You are leading the accounting team and are in charge of future development of the department (Disciplinary and technical management responsibilities)
- You coordinate and monitor all ongoing bookkeeping activities (general ledger / Accounts Payables / Accounts Receivables)
- You are in charge of preparing monthly and annual financial statements in a timely coordination aligned to the HGB for all companies
- Manage periodic tax reporting (VAT, Corporate tax, ect.) together with external providers
- You are the contact person for external stakeholders such as banks, payment service providers
- Analyze existing Finance and Accounting processes and identify gaps in order to improve productivity (always aim for optimizing processes)
- Open communication with other business functions to ensure that relevant information is utilized and reflected in the financial statements on-time
- Review and challenge existing purchase processes, document management and approval workflows
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statements according to HGB using LucaNet
- Drives ad-hoc processes to improve process efficiency and compliance
- Own effective cash flow and working capital management processes
- You have successfully completed your degree in a business-related field with a focus on finance / accounting or have a related finance / accounting training.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in an auditing or tax consulting company and ideally at least three years of experience in a comparable management position, thereof at least 1 year working experience in a Start-up
- In-depth knowledge of national (HGB) and ideally international accounting (IFRS)
- Sound knowledge of commercial and tax law and safe application
- Exceptional Excel skills essential
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability
- Ideally you have first hand experience working with DATEV and Lucanet
- Hands on mentality is a key
- Excellent working skills in German and English
- Strong leadership and communication skills with experience in building and managing teams
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- The high growth opportunity
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Corporate Pension Scheme
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks!
For best consideration please apply before 6th April 2021 and make sure you save yourself a copy of the job description as we will take the ad offline when a certain amount of candidates has applied.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.