Senior Accounting Manager (f/m/x)
Fraugster is a payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space.
We’re already working with some of the most well-known payment and e-commerce companies in the world. Notable clients include companies like Ingenico, Worldline and others. Fraugster is backed by top tier investors and is currently managing billions of Euros for our clients.
As Senior Accounting Manager (f/m) you will support Fraugster’s growing finance team. You will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. You will also manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly and annual closing of accounts, and prepare reports to support financial statements. Additionally, in this role you will support the VP Finance to further develop the accounting department and oversee the design, setup, and optimization of financial processes and policies. This position will report directly to the VP Finance.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Managing the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Taking responsibility for hierarchy and scalability in our chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements; this has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analysing the effect of statutory accounting practices and studying regulations and guidance to ensure correct applications
- Assisting with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Preparing detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Collaborating with our tax advisor and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Participating in the ongoing establishment and development of accounting policies and procedures and implementation of process and system changes
- Actively reviewing and advising on financial/accounting process
Skills and requirements:
- University degree (Bachelor) in Accounting, in Finance or similar education in Business Administration
- Successful exam in Accountant (Bilanzbuchhalter); CPA is a plus
- Thorough accounting knowledge
- In-depth understanding and practical experiences of working under German GAP; profound knowledge of IFRS is a big plus
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Hands-on approach
- Experience in working in start-ups a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken German, good skills in Business English
What we offer:
- The chance to join a growing team of industry experts with plenty of room to leave your mark
- The opportunity to strongly impact company strategy and growth
- Fun, creative and focused teams committed to learning and problem solving through collaboration
- Competitive remuneration
- Very modern and professional office environment
- Start-Up amenities (fruits, drinks, events etc.)
- Office located in the heart of Berlin
- Free use of Gym in the office building
Upon clicking “Send”, you will submit your contact details and CV. For more information on how Fraugster processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!