Python Developer Course Writer/Reviewer (Freelance, Remote) (f/m/d)
CareerFoundry is helping people build a career they love through immersive online courses and career services in UX and UI Design, Web Development, and Data Analytics. Our 100% online, flexible, mentor-driven courses are setting the standard for globally accessible technical education.
About the Writer/Reviewer role:
You’ll be contracted for 3-4 months to write or review a long-form Web Dev specialization course focusing on Python. Our skill-targeting specialization courses serve as optional extras to our standard Web Development Program, or as standalone courses, for learners interested in a highly specific skill-set.
With the support of our curriculum design team, you’ll help create an engaging, challenging, and immersive online course for learners interested in web development and Python. The course itself consists mainly of text-based Exercises supported by hands-on project work, supplemented by images, video, and links to additional resources for further learning.
What you’ll be doing:
With the support of CareerFoundry’s Education team, you’ll…
- Write the course content, as well as project prompts for student portfolios and related tasks
- Source or create images and visualizations to support lessons and hands-on projects
- Work closely with our curriculum designers and other subject matter experts to ensure quality and engagement
What’s in it for you:
Apart from working independently and remotely while combining your creative and technical skills, there’s also:
- Generous compensation and flexible working hours
- A possible rolling contract on course updates and mentoring
What we’re looking for:
The subject matter expert we’re looking for is an experienced web developer, with:
- Native-level or fluent English speech
- An up-to-date portfolio and at least 3 years of experience
- Experience in Python and popular Python web frameworks like Flask and Django
- Good writing skills and a strong interest in instructional writing
- Teaching or mentoring experience
- Experience collaborating with a remote team
- Openness to queries, feedback and regular communication