Director of People
Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we’re happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Our mission is to create Blockchain infrastructure for the Decentralised Web.
From the Substrate blockchain framework to Polkadot, the sharded protocol enabling blockchains to operate seamlessly together at scale, Parity builds the foundation of Web 3.0.
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralized technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralized control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society for our future.
About The Role:
We are seeking a Director of People Operations to lead the next iteration of our People team and help bring the best and brightest people globally to work with Parity and the Polkadot ecosystem. What we want is nothing less than to rebuild the way technology connects people worldwide – we need your help to bring together the people who will build that technology.
Reporting to the VP Operations, you will be dedicated to driving the development of a world class, collaborative, analytical and people centric people operations team. With offices in the UK and Germany and remote teams spread across 30+ countries, this is a unique challenge for an experienced leader. You will proactively drive global workforce development, configure and optimize our processes & people strategies, and partner with security, finance and legal to create policies and practices. You will own, enhance and manage the best teams to enable exceptional support to all of Parity and the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Source, hire, develop, engage, support, celebrate and reward the people needed to build the future of Web 3.0 tech
- Lead both the growing in-house recruiting team as well as our expert People Ops team through mentorship, guidance and solid project management to meet the needs of the business
- Own, enhance, and manage the best team to deliver exceptional customer service to all at Parity
- Analyse, propose, drive, and iterate on our global workforce strategy to support our global workforce
- Create, enhance, and successfully communicate global and regional processes and policies, as appropriate, for disciplinary procedures, internal investigations, and a plethora of other high impact domestic and international employment policies and procedures
- 6+ years People Ops / HR / Recruiting experience with at least 3+ years leading People Operations and Recruiting teams at a rapidly growing international technology company of >150 headcount
- Expert levels of cross-functional stakeholder management and engagement (e.g. when focusing on the larger upcoming projects such as a Comp & Benefits or Internal Performance creation and roll-out)
- Experience with globally distributed, work-from-home teams, as well as international offices of various sizes
- Experience scaling a global People Operations department from scratch would provide a useful insight into our environment
- Good knowledge of UK, German and international employment laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Understanding of ATS & HR systems design, People reporting and workflow
- Ability to manage multiple critical priorities/projects without losing attention to detail or a positive attitude
- Completely at ease in an ever changing fast paced ambiguous environment
- Extremely flexible, open-minded, and creative when it comes to developing and maintaining People Operations focused processes and initiatives
- A solid tech-savvy interest with an appreciation for privacy, security, blockchain ethos and open-source mindset
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats (subject to current pandemic restrictions for the health of our contributors and teams).