My name is Annika and I am the HR Generalist here at Medbelle, where it is our mission to build the first digital hospital.
First of all, let me tell you what Medbelle is all about.
As you know, the healthcare system as we know it can often be inefficient, disorganised and overstretched. Its complicated administrative processes contribute largely to its struggle to keep up with rapidly advancing technology, resulting in bad experiences for both patients and healthcare professionals alike.
As the first digital hospital, we are rebuilding the healthcare experience from scratch. This is what allows us to provide patients with an outstanding level of care that we would love to experience ourselves.
Backed by renowned international investors, we are helping an ever-growing number of patients receive the highest quality of medical procedures the UK has to offer. To help us maintain this level of care, we need to strengthen our HR team with highly motivated and passionate people who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
I am moving away from Berlin so we are looking for someone to take over my role.
What you will do:
- Own the HR life cycle, from onboarding to contract management, payroll, leave management and offboarding
- Provide general HR advice and support the departments driving high engagement
- Coach and consult managers on topics such as performance management, development, conflict management, and German employment law
- Build strong relationships with managers, team leaders, and the team to ensure a great employee experience in line with our Medbelle culture and vision.
- Handle our visa, work permit and relocation management (together with the relocation agency)
- Review and renew company policies and legal compliance
- Assist with planning and executing our employee well-being activities, such as birthday gifts, team events etc.
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years experience in an HR position in a startup environment
- Solid knowledge in German labour law, in particular in employee relations
- HR allrounder who is able to manage processes and operational volumes
- A keen interest in the operational parts of the Human Resources profession
- Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work independently and have an entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent in German and English, both verbally and in writing
What we offer you:
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
- You will work on real and challenging problems with smart people who care
- We do stuff together – join the Medbelle family if you love Friday beers, team dinners and impeccable office banter
What the crew is like and why I love working here:
Our Medbelle family is a small and truly international team (75%+ internationals). We pride ourselves on our company culture that’s focused on building a great service with a professional emphasis on numbers and growth.
As a typical Berlin startup, we, of course, have the usual fun stuff: free coffee & British tea, fruits, pancake Tuesdays, an amazing office in Kreuzberg, Friday memes and team events we probably shouldn’t talk about here. But what I love most about working for Medbelle is the honest desire to help improve the experiences of our patients – that’s what keeps us motivated and driven.
We move quickly. If you are a great match, we can cover the initial phone interviews, an on-site interview with me and a chat with the founders all within two weeks. I look forward to hearing from you!