HR Manager (m/f/d)
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark – the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Employee centricity, excellence, and enablement are our People Operations team’s core values. To further strengthen our team and provide the best employee journey, we are looking for a passionate and experienced HR Manager to join our team and be based in our Berlin office.
Relayr’s People team is committed to foster a culture of continuous learning, personal development, and respect for each other. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas.
This is a hands-on role, that will provide full lifecycle operational support to our Germany and EU-remote-based employees. You will be the first point of contact for employees and external partners for all HR-related queries. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, establishing operational efficiency as well as administrative excellence. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your willingness to act as a trusted advisor, take matters into your own hands, and work smart. A solid knowledge of German employment law, relocation policies and other admin aspects is key.
Above all, we are looking for people who will contribute to the success of relayr. We love diverse experiences, so even if you don’t meet all the requirements but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you will be doing:
- Be the first point of contact for employee queries (holiday, parental leave, recommendation letters, etc.).
- Create employment contracts, supplements, and other legal documents.
- Manage Payroll in Germany.
- Create monthly reports for different stakeholders within the organization.
- Create and maintain accurate employee records in our HR Systems.
- Drive the on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
- Facilitate employee relocation to Germany (abroad and locally).
- Regularly update and create the content for the People section on our intranet webpage.
How you will succeed:
- Excellent spoken and written German and good English language skills
- 2+ years as an HR administrator or similar role
- Able to handle confidential information
- Organized, logical, detail-oriented mindset
- Meticulous approach to work and ability to independently complete tasks on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working in collaborative team environments
- Knowledge of German employment law
- Experience working with HR technologies
- Bachelor in Human Resource Management or related field
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are – join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- 30 paid vacation days + public holidays
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive.We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.