People Operations Manager (m/f/d)
Parity’s mission is to provide open source infrastructure to build a better future internet, aka Web 3.0. Blockchains are a key component in this future Web 3 stack and Parity is a leader in the blockchain space. It is the creator of two ambitious new blockchain projects, Polkadot and Substrate, that makes it easier to experiment and innovate with new ideas for sharding, encryption and governance. Parity is creating an open source creative commons that will enable people to create better institutions through a new wave of peer-2-peer technologies.
Parity envisions the future of the Web as decentralised and secure, giving users more autonomy so that they can verify the systems that they are increasingly relying on, instead of trusting the current services’ providers. Parity is an international team composed of more than 160 members from over 30 countries, with offices in Germany and the UK.
We continue to undergo huge growth and are currently seeking a dedicated and well-organised, energetic individual for the position of People Operations Manager. You are a professional with 2-4 years of relevant experience, eager to support the People Operations team with a wide range of tasks, such as document and contact creation, employee data management, absence tracking, maintaining employee benefits, offboardings, and more (with a special focus on our UK entity). Optimising processes comes naturally to you. You are able to work independently, yet also willing to work cooperatively. As Parity is a successful, rapidly growing company, we expect you to have an “all hands on deck” mentality, and you should expect your role to evolve during your time here.
We encourage you to also have a look at other open positions to get a feeling for the current needs at Parity.
- Support core People Operations areas such as document and contract creation, onboarding, relocation, employee data management, absence tracking, and reporting
- Fully own specific core People Operations tasks (e.g. contract creation and onboarding) with respect to our UK entity, for both employees and contractors
- Fully own the management of the Personal Development Budget for all employees
- Organize our in-house German classes at the Berlin office
- Support the management of our team’s Helpdesk
- Initiate and work on exciting new People Operations projects
- Help build out ways to gauge (and manage) employee sentiment
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF YOU…
- Have 2-4 years of experience in the field of People Operations / HR
- Have a basic understanding of UK and preferably also German Labor Law, or are willing to gain this knowledge quickly and autonomously
- Are keen to deepen your understanding of core People Ops tasks and take ownership quickly while being able to rely on the support of your team colleagues
- Hold the ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritise, communicate, and function in a small but growing team
- Show great attention to detail
- Thrive to support others and naturally have a “customer service mindset”
- Are fluent in German and English
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Are comfortable working with Admin tools (G-Suite, Microsoft Office Suite or similar)
- Want to work in a fun and supportive team, surrounded by colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge and their passion for People Ops work
- Work experience in the UK
- Interest and/or experience in Blockchain technology
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal development budget for each employee
- We offer a very remote-friendly company setup (even before Corona!)
- You will have the option to work from our beautiful office in Kreuzberg and join our regular social events (both offline and online) to meet your colleagues and try out new activities
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we used to regularly go on team retreats and are planning to do so again, once the international health regulations allow it
To apply to this position, we ask you to answer a few questions in the application form. This helps us get a better feeling for your knowledge surrounding the role and expedite the hiring process on our end. For the most part there is no hard ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ to those questions, so please give explanations with your answers.
Also, please add a paragraph telling us a little bit about yourself in a cover letter.