Danish Localization Specialist // KAYAK
We are looking for an in-house Danish translator (based in Berlin) to localize our products and marketing content for the Danish market. This job can be done part-time or full-time. You will be working on exciting projects such as new travel tools and marketing campaigns for our brands KAYAK and momondo. If you care about localization as much as we do, you’re the one we’re looking for.
- Localizing and reviewing content for inspirational articles, Brand Marketing campaigns and PR
- Localizing UI (web and apps) from English into Danish with an eye to our different brands
- Working together with the Localization team to improve and iterate language, terminology, and style
- Working on regular LQA (web and apps), identifying and fixing text-based bugs using an in-house translation software platform
- Native Danish speaker – with excellent knowledge of the English language
- Demonstrated translation, localization or copywriting experience
- Higher education in a relevant field (linguistics, philology, intercultural communication, editing, translation or similar)
- Content/Social Media/SEO experience is a plus
- Tech savvy – web and mobile app literacy
- QA/testing experience is a plus
- Enjoys working with a variety of tasks, and capable of independently managing workflow, information, and processes between different teams and stakeholders
- Able to work alone, and play nice with others
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours