Developer Relations and Community Manager
Climatiq is a climate-tech startup on a mission to drive climate action through data and insight. Our team of entrepreneurs, technologists, and scientists, who joined us from Google, Mozilla, MIT and others, spent the last year building a tech platform to empower everyone to take action in tackling the climate crisis. We are building an open-data solution for developers to automatically measure greenhouse gas emissions and consequently act upon robust data and insight. Our flexible tracking API can be integrated into software that businesses already use to accurately calculate and continuously monitor greenhouse gas emissions.
We’re based in Berlin and backed by renowned VCs and advisors in the climate-tech and software sector. The team currently works 100% remotely.
This is an amazing time to join Climatiq. Be part of real, technology-driven endeavour from the very beginning. Work with an amazing team and help build something meaningful together with our community.
Are you comfortable and engaged with developer communities and care deeply about mitigating the climate crisis? You may just be the person we are looking for.
We are looking for a Developer Relations and Community Manager who can engage developer communities and inspire them to take climate action. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is passionate about tackling the climate crisis, technology and communities — whether you are just starting out or want to deepen your commitment to climate tech.
You will be engaging the climate-tech and developer communities and be working with developers as they take advantage of the Climatiq open database and API to deliver climate-positive solutions. You will act as our eyes and ears to gather and share relevant developer insights so that our products are built to meet the community’s needs and provide the best possible experience.
Your primary objective will be to grow the Climatiq developer ecosystem and help developers flourish once they join the community. The ideal candidate possesses a compelling combination of technical skills, community building, and communication acumen. You’ll use your knowledge and empathy to engage developers, design their onboarding experience and channel their ideas around new products and technologies with a positive impact on the climate.
- Connect with, inspire, and educate developers and climate enthusiasts on Climatiq’s solution and viewpoint
- Work closely on developer programs such as hackathons and incubators, specifically around sustainability, emission data, and carbon accounting
- Manage our online communities and engage with users on relevant external forums, Slack groups and relevant social media channels
- Identify opportunities and deliver workshops and talks, evangelising Climatiq’s solution
- Develop indicators, monitor and maintain community health and engagement
- Genuine interest in the climate technology sector, sustainability, and data-driven solutions
- Active participation in tech communities on social media, meetups, hackathons and conferences.
- Experience in similar roles, e.g. community management or developer relations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent English, additional languages a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar experience
- Experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging/writing technical articles with an existing follower base, or contributing to popular open-source projects
- Experience with community health and/or code of conduct committees
- Location: Berlin, or Remote within +/- 2 hours of CET timezone
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Hours: full-time, flexible working hours
- Salary: competitive, including stock options
Climatiq is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team.