Head of Technical Content // Meeshkan
We are Meeshkan, winners of the 2018 Slush 100 pitch competition and recently voted #1 on Wired’s list of Finland’s best startups (https://bit.ly/helsinki-2019). We got there in part because we love writing articles and tutorials. We also have over fifty open-source repos, hundreds of downloads a week, and we attend meetups all over the world to help developers. Recently, there has been more demand for content then we can supply, and we need help! Preferably yours.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a prolific and talented technical content creator to write and produce various projects and blog regularly, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. The ideal candidate will create high-traffic blog content, lead-converting resources, and shareable creative projects. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing and a comprehensive understanding of the industry, sustaining and developing the company’s voice across all blog content. Additional goals include: attracting site traffic and social followers, driving new sales leads, empowering sales with relevant content to send prospects, and fueling PR and influencer relations.
We like making lists of responsibilities, but it is not our expectation that you can do all of them today. It is our expectation that you can do some of them today, that you will be able to do all of them in a year, and that (for our sake and yours) you will never attempt to do all of them at the same time!
- Create 1-2 free resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.).
- Blog on an ongoing basis in support of your other projects and to attract site visitors through search, social, and our email subscribers.
- Grow our subscriber base by providing them regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketing, sales, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
- Make>Serve as an evangelist for our message, brand, and content through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking.
- Ensure all marketing stakeholders needs are met.
- Keep the team up-to-date with the latest trends in content marketing.
- Manage content creation agencies and freelancers.
- Optimizing content for search engines and lead generation.
The ideal candidate will have some of the requirements below, but even if you have none of them and think you’d do a good job, please apply. If you have all of them, that’s cool too.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Proven and visible marketing veteran, with experience creating content for the web across several disciplines (text, design, video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, whitepapers, research, infographics, podcasts, etc.).
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Driven by creative intuition but able to gut check and course-correct with data, as well as report results and optimize using data.
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business’ mission
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience.
Your day-to-day work would be fairly independent, but the entire team is always available for collaboration as a sounding board. We are low on formalities and high on substance, and in addition to our operational team, we have a broad network of advisors and investors that are always willing to help out in ideation and introductions. We have a generous office hours and vacation policy, but we are one of the most high-intensity and high-output companies in town due to the fast pace of our industry. Because of this, we are also hyper-sensitive to stress and wellbeing, and offer employees ample opportunities to recharge and feel good.
We are committed to fostering a diverse workplace, and we make it a special point to welcome candidates from underrepresented groups in tech companies. We know that, if you are part of one of these groups, you may have suffered from systemic industry-wide biases that make it more difficult for you to shine than other folks. We don’t like that, and we are committed to evaluating every candidate on their own merits given their unique experiences.
Content is the beating heart of our organization. Content produces trust, trust produces engagement, engagement produces usage, usage produces more usage, more usage produces sales, sales produces revenue, revenue produces recruitment, recruitment produces great content hires, great content hires produce content, and so on. So come be our beating heart!