Marketing Content Editor (f/m/d)
CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year. We are a startup with talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We live and celebrate diversity and see a good work-life balance as our responsibility. We’re looking for someone who is excited about learning, is passionate about writing, and wants to work in—and contribute to—an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent environment.
In this role, you’ll be primarily responsible for researching and writing blog content on the topic of data analytics. In addition to the blog, you’ll craft compelling copy for a variety of channels—including the CareerFoundry website, paid ads, and email marketing. If you have a knack for researching complex topics and writing about them in a user-friendly way, have a keen eye for detail, understand the nuances of voice and tone (and how they shape a strong brand identity!) together with some knowledge of, or interest in, the topic of data analytics, we’d love to hear from you!
- Working within the Marketing Department to produce impactful editorial content and compelling copy that inspires people to build a career they love.
- You’ll be responsible for the section of the CareerFoundry blog that’s dedicated to the topic of data analytics. This includes identifying relevant topics, conducting research, and writing informative, SEO-optimized articles that help us to grow our readership
- Crafting copy for a variety of purposes, including emails, online events, front pages, paid social media, and sales materials
- Alongside the rest of the Editorial Team, constantly refining the CareerFoundry Content Style Guide and ensuring that it’s effectively implemented across all marketing channels
- Building connections with students and graduates from the CareerFoundry Data Analytics Program, with the goal of sharing their work and their career change stories
- Growing and managing a pool of freelance writers
- Building a network of freelance writers who can write about relevant data analytics topics for the CareerFoundry blog
- Editing and providing feedback on editorial submissions from freelance writers and members of the CareerFoundry community (employees, mentors, tutors, career specialists)
- Managing relationships with industry publishers
- Pitching content collaborations to publishers operating in the data analytics field, with the goal of reaching and engaging new potential audiences
- Benchmarking and analyzing the performance of ongoing content collaborations
- Strengthening the relationship with publications that have a positive impact on our traffic and visibility
- Analyzing and increasing organic traffic to the website
- Conducting keyword research and keeping up with social media trends in order to identify new content topics
- Keeping up-to-date with best practices in on-page SEO
- Using analytics tools (i.e. HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs) to monitor, optimize, and report on content performance
- You have at least 3 years of copywriting and editorial experience, ideally with technology publications or tech startups, and/or advertising or marketing agencies.
- You have experience in proofreading, copyediting, and managing a pool of freelancers; you’re able to provide constructive feedback and have excellent attention to detail.
- You are able to adapt your writing style and tone to different channels, and know what makes for a high performing blog article (both from the reader’s perspective, and in terms of SEO).
- You have a concise, user-friendly, inclusive writing style that keeps the user engaged while describing and explaining complex topics in an accessible way.
- You have some experience or familiarity with data analytics and/or basic statistical concepts—maybe you’ve dabbled with analytics throughout your marketing career, or learned about data analysis while studying psychology, math, or something similar.
- You possess strong communication and collaboration skills. We are a growing team that values positive working relationships and mutual support.
- Flexible working times and remote-first work policy
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.