Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world’s largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 120 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are looking for a passionate PR Manager to join us in Berlin. Do you want to become part of a great purpose-driven team and communicate a movement and product used by millions of users to plant trees around the world?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Closely collaborate with our country managers, senior leadership team and members of our marketing team to identify compelling stories about Ecosia, both in the tech and environmental space.
- Develop and localize our press strategy and key messages in partnership with the broader marketing and country development teams.
- Create and coordinate campaigns that generate top tier media coverage in our core markets.
- Manage press agencies and freelancers to create a truly global storytelling approach, particularly in our core markets.
- Coordinate Ecosia’s presence at events and position key spokespeople, managing roundtables, presentations and award applications.
- Respond to incoming media requests, coordinating spokespeople. Monitor press mentions and general coverage.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Ideally 5+ years experience in marketing and communications, with a focus on press and media relations as a key part of your role.
- Expert knowledge of how to develop compelling media stories and pitches, with an ability to always see the angle or ‘hook’ of a story. You will know how to disrupt the status quo and create true viral media moments for Ecosia.
- You will be experienced in localizing angles and stories, and have an up-to-date understanding of media environments, publications and the news agenda in Ecosia’s core markets of Germany, France, the UK and the United States.
- Ideally you will have worked in the DACH media environment, with proven experience in generating top tier press coverage. Alternatively you could have a thorough knowledge of the French and BENELUX media environment, possibly with experience in public policy related communications.
- Problem solving mentality, with the ability to predict ramifications of decisions and capable of making decisions in high pressure situations and under deadline, while not compromising on attention to details.
- Established network of contacts across a range of media, particularly top-tier tech, environmental or lifestyle press. Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, further languages, particularly German or French are a plus.
- Experience collaborating with a broader marketing team to build out campaigns.
- In house press experience is a preference for this role. Agency experience is a plus.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and a passion for having a positive impact.
- Respect and passion for our core values.
WHAT WE OFFER
Work for a purpose:
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you’ll add millions of trees for the planet
- Your work will benefit millions of people across the globe daily
- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
- Watch this video to learn more about working at Ecosia: https://youtu.be/_mEdEFAj1sQ
Grow your expertise:
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life:
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work
- 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly:
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
Diversity and inclusion are important for us and we are constantly working on improving it.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.