Technical Co-founder (f/m/x) for a Foodtech startup
Next Big Thing is a company builder focused on the machine economy. Backed by €13m of investment, we are building a series of fast growth ventures that will transform the way the world works for decades to come. Our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, startup entrepreneurs and industry specialists support founders with deep expertise and clear vision to build their next big thing.
Food service (i.e. sale of food and beverages for immediate consumption) is one of the largest industries in the global economy. Today’s consumer preferences are constantly changing and restaurants must be able to cope with ever-increasing complexity to serve their market.
Main challenges arise from the management of their own warehouses and workforce. Leaders in this industry are lacking reliable data, and their decisions are often made on the basis of estimates.
We are developing a smarter Warehouse Management System (WMS) to provide data on stock availability and consumption, to improve the control of costs and food resources. This data will be accessible on the cloud and will ease the daily tasks of employees: kitchen staff, warehouse employees, purchasing managers…
We are looking for
Someone to join our mission to reduce food costs and waste. An experienced and motivated technical co-founder for a startup developing an intelligent WMS that will bring a better food management system to the market, for fast and profitable warehouse decisions.
You will work together with an expert Co-Founder on an early-stage startup, as well as NBT’s venture development, marketing, and engineering team to bring this product to market.
- Be responsible for technological developments. Oversee all aspects of the product and contribute to key decision making processes.
- Work closely with the CEO and the board to build a reliable product roadmap and ensure its execution.
- Cooperate with the CEO on the Customer Discovery to identify problems and the right solution as product features.
- Provide expert IoT product knowledge to shape the product and architect the full-stack cloud solutions.
What we look for in you
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant fields.
- 3+ Years experience as a Technical Lead / Senior Software Engineer.
- Proficiency taking early stage projects forward.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
Nice to haves
- Experience related to the F&B industry, preferably in the hotel/restaurant segment, is a big plus.
- Experience in the architecture and construction of IoT solutions, better related to “RFID” or other remote monitoring technology. Prior experience within WMS or cloud infrastructure is a big plus.
- Previous entrepreneurial or startup experience.
What to expect working with us:
- The opportunity to de-risk your startup journey with our co-founding services covering Pre-Seed/Seed funding Rounds to ensure that you can develop the case to its full potential
- Fixed salary and access to share ownership program
- Autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the venture
- A supportive, entrepreneurial environment, with a culture of supporting founders in the good and hard times from our 50 person Venture, Product and Market Development teams
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 20+ countries
- Free drinks (coffee, tea, softdrinks) & fruits
- Hardware of your choice (choose between Mac or Windows (Linux possible) laptop
- New and well-equipped office directly at Zoologischer Garten in Berlin
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to receiving your application.