Artist & Label Relations Executive (Music Copyright)
Who are we?
iMusician was founded with a rebellious spirit and a lofty goal: Tear down the walls erected by the music industry that keep independent artists and labels locked out.
We believe that music shouldn’t just be a hobby; musicians deserve to be paid. We truly believe that everyone should have equal access to the marketplace — and we’ve already fought for this to happen. That’s why we strive to make it easy for you to sell, manage, protect, and monetize your music. When you become more financially sustainable, you make more music. It’s as simple as that.
What do we do?
We distribute music from independent artists and labels to hundreds of music platforms like iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer or Beatport, we then collect royalties and neighboring rights from collecting societies.
Our Berlin office is the hub for our Global Marketing and Customer Support teams, working with our international team in Zurich, we are growing rapidly.
What are we looking for?
For our Berlin office, we are looking for an Artist & Label Relations Executive with a flair for music copyright. This is a full-time position (40h per week) and your main responsibility will be customer support with a strong focus on music related (legal) copyright. You will work together with our international team in Kreuzberg.
The responsibilities include, amongst other things:
- Reply to all legal related support messages in a professional & sympathetic manner
- Train team members on legal best practices with a strong focus on music related copyright
- Create and update music copyright related documentation for internal and external use
- Assist with delivering content to the online shops (for example Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music)
- Collate technical issues & bugs, highlighting priority fixes to the responsible person within the team(s)
- Experience in music copyright.
- Prior experience with customer service is desired
- Fluent in English to a business level, additional languages are a plus.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Patient problem solver with a desire to understand and help customers, even the toughest ones!
- Organised, easy going, team-player and eager to learn.
- Experience with writing content.
- Knowledge and network in the music business is a plus.
- Based in Berlin with a German work permit
Why work for us?
- Highly motivated, international team of music lovers and marketing professionals.
- High degree of autonomy, with a coaching approach from management.
- Regular, scheduled feedback.
- Flexible working times and the option to take unpaid leave on top of your regular holidays.
- Centrally located, modern office in the beautiful “Bergmannkiez” (Kreuzberg).
- Regular Team Events and lunches, as well as Friday Beers (and the occasional Caipi).
- Monthly pay bonus for achieving company revenue targets.
As the company is growing quickly, there will be opportunities to evolve with and within the company so if you are smart, have got a strong acumen for customer support and are looking to build your career in an exciting music and technology company, we’d love to talk to you!