Chief of Staff (f/m/d)
Our mission at Mimi is to give everyone the best possible hearing experience and protect your hearing health. We are the world’s leading provider of hearing-based audio personalization and digital hearing test technologies. Our team has developed a biologically-inspired and proprietary audio processing technology that knows how well you hear in order to personalize your listening experience and prevent hearing damage. Mimi’s technology can be integrated into consumer electronics devices, such as headphones, smartphones, TVs, in-flight entertainment systems and a range of systems and platforms.
To help us bring amazing hearing technology to more people around the world, we are looking for a Chief of Staff (f/m/d) for full-time or part-time employment in Berlin.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As our Chief of Staff (f/m/d) you will:
- Work closely with the founders and senior management, in particular with the CEO and CFO; on strategic and operational initiatives, thereby gaining full insight into all aspects and decision making of a growing international high-tech company.
- Support fundraising.
- Collect data and market research to develop and make actionable statistics and presentations for prospective customers, partners, investors and the Mimi team.
- Create pitch decks, due diligences and decision-making documents for internal and external meetings, e.g. for investor-, key shareholder – & advisory board meetings.
- Help to prioritize, delegate and implement the work and initiates of CEO and CFO, keeping them and their direct reports accountable for their commitments and results.
- Work closely with the HR & People, Finance and Operations department.
- Take on and drive “special projects”, be responsible for strategic and growth initiatives operationally or make sure they are executed.
- Organize, prepare and facilitate leadership team offsites and management meetings.
- Experience a high degree of learning and ownership in a very dynamic environment, developing the skills needed for a future senior management/startup founder role.
- Grow your expertise in the startup & tech industry, build your network and work with experienced management from various backgrounds.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You are a graduate from a top university or business school, ideally with a background in business/economics, political science or technology/science/engineering.
- You have 1-5 years of work experience in startup/tech / VC industry, consultancy, multinational companies.
- You have a high degree of motivation and commitment, and a “getting things done” attitude.
- You have well-developed project-management skills; you are very organized and show attention to detail. You follow up doggedly to ensure the right results.
- You are a self-starter, a highly independent thinker and you are willing to challenge and criticize.
- You are a team player with well-defined communication skills. You are diplomatic and are able to find compromises while bringing people together and behind one decision.
- Confidentiality, loyalty, trust and integrity are key value drivers for you.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A top-caliber, diverse and international team of dedicated domain experts.
- A high degree of flexibility in organizing your work and full responsibility for your own projects.
- Working from home opportunities.
- The opportunity to make an impact on an untapped market and contribute to the development of a truly innovative product and company.
- An entrepreneurial experience in a young, fast-moving startup located in the heart of trendy Berlin-Friedrichshain.
- Yearly education budget and a company culture that nourishes personal growth.
- Modern working equipment plus plenty of audio perks and cool toys to try out.
- Weekly company meals, team-building events and an annual summer trip.
- Flexible holiday policy.
- Monthly Lieferando credit.
Find out more about us on our website: mimi.io
We know that some people have a tendency not to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the requirements. However, if you think that this job is great for you then please, send in your application!
HOW MIMI ORGANIZES WORK DURING THE SARS-COV-2 PANDEMIC
- The latest relevant information, as well as individual advice, is regularly provided to employees.
- Deprioritized physical access to Mimi’s office per official recommendations.
- We provide assistance in equipping your home office (desk, chair, screen, internet connection etc).
- We offer flexible working hours, asynchronous communication.
- We prioritize the well-being of all Mimians by fostering remote personal interaction and professional assistance in dealing with challenging personal situations for example by:
- Encouraging shared virtual lunches and coffees to get to know your colleagues.
- Organizing weekly food delivery services for remote workers.
- Offering digital counseling sessions with external coaches.