Content Quality Assurance Agent (Music Startup)
Who are we?
iMusician was founded with a rebellious spirit and a lofty goal: Tear down the walls erected by the music industry that keep independent artists and labels locked out.
We believe that music shouldn’t just be a hobby; musicians deserve to be paid. We truly believe that everyone should have equal access to the marketplace — and we’ve already fought for this to happen. That’s why we strive to make it easy for you to sell, manage, protect, and monetize your music. When you become more financially sustainable, you make more music. It’s as simple as that.
What do we do?
We distribute music from independent artists and labels to hundreds of music platforms like iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer or Beatport, we then collect royalties and neighboring rights from collecting societies.
Our Berlin office is the hub for our Global Marketing and QA & Customer Support teams, working with our international team in Zurich, we are growing rapidly.
What are we looking for?
Based in our Berlin office, we are looking for a Content Quality Assurance Agent (80% – 100%, Monday – Friday).
Your responsibilities include, amongst other things:
- Ensure sufficient quality of content that is delivered to music platforms
- Check metadata, audio quality, and artwork quality of music releases (or similar releases like audiobooks) in the iMusician Admin platform
- Correct metadata in accordance with shop guidelines
- Work with the Delivery team to ensure music releases on schedule, and to exchange knowledge about guideline changes
- Report problematic cases or technical issues to Head of Delivery to have them resolved
- Work with Artist and Label Relations Department to improve communication with customers
- You speak English fluently; additional proficient language skills are a plus (especially in French, Italian, German)
- You have a technical mind, are a natural problem solver and know how to find out what you don’t know already
- Your approach to work is structured, detail oriented and pragmatic
- You are able to find connections between different topics, see the wider context, and you strive to constantly improve productivity whilst maintaining the quality of your work
- You are communicative and like to share your knowledge and ideas with your colleagues in order to improve processes
Why work for us?
- Highly motivated, international team of music lovers and marketing professionals.
- High degree of autonomy, with a coaching approach from management.
- Regular, scheduled feedback.
- Flexible working times and the option to take unpaid leave on top of your regular holidays.
- Centrally located, modern office in the beautiful “Bergmannkiez” (Kreuzberg).
- Regular Team Events and lunches, as well as Friday Beers (and the occasional Caipi).
- Monthly pay bonus for achieving company revenue targets.
As the company is growing quickly, there will be opportunities to evolve with and within the company so if you are smart, have got a strong acumen for customer support and are looking to build your career in an exciting music and technology company, we’d love to talk to you!