COO at Senic
At Senic, we’re building the next generation of smart home devices that put human centered design first. We build high quality controls, sensors and software that help humans interact with their music, lighting and other technologies in the home seamlessly and naturally without distracting. We’re tackling the rapidly growing problem of how technology affects our well-being with an eye for design and a focus on high quality, local manufacturing in Germany. We are a passionate, international team with a vision to create the perfect lighting and music experience for our customers.
Our fun-loving team is made up of 15+ talented people with backgrounds in marketing, engineering, computer science, industrial & graphic design and psychology. We’re backed by Y Combinator, American and German VCs. We have great partners like Sonos, Philips and GIRA and are always working on the next generation of products.
As a company we believe in three core values:
- We focus on growth – as a whole and individually.
- With care and candor – to each other and to the mission.
- Positive pragmatism – when facing new challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You will work together with the CEO to spearhead strategies and steer the company’s future for growth. This is not just a job but a mission.
- You will drive the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction, retention, and company goals.
- You will control company costs and work together with the administration team to compile the budget.
- You will monitor invoices, money handling procedures, accounting and bank processes
- You will prepare timely and accurate financial performance reports for the company but also for the board.
- You will oversee operational, HR and sales initiatives and implement better business practices.
- You will implement various initiatives to coach employees to help support, grow and optimize their capabilities.
- You will collaborate with management to help us to continuously assess and improve our processes and implement new technologies.
- You will be working directly with the head of marketing to bridge the gap between marketing analysis, projections and financial reporting.
- You will get a chance to grow and learn as a trusted key member of the Senic team.
- You want to join Senic because you believe in our mission, our values and the industry we’re in.
- You have at least five years experience managing human resources, finances, operations and strategies – preferably at another growing startup (20-50 employees).
- You have a proven track record of outstanding performance in a previous complex enterprise.
- You have a proven track record of managing complex budgets successfully.
- You have demonstrated experience of ethical leadership. You act with radical candor.
- You love working across teams and are a great internal and external communicator.
- You have a pragmatic, detail-oriented mindset and don’t shy away from complex problem-solving.
- You ideally have experience with tackling supply chain challenges in a fast growing hardware business.
- You are fluent in both English and German.
- You’re a team player with a positive outlook and enjoy being challenged in a fast-paced startup environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work alongside a talented, motivated and fast-moving group of people. We pride ourselves on being an experienced and knowledgeable team from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- The opportunity for your work to have a big impact on our success as we continue growing our business into new markets and technologies.
- Local manufacturing and an assembly line right in our office. Learn everything about hardware products from our experts, be part of product development from conception to launch.
- Great industry partners with outstanding support.
- Flexible and family friendly working hours with a possibility for remote work.
- Beautiful office by Schlesisches Tor in the heart of Kreuzberg. Excellent connections for transport and plenty of great local cafés, bars and restaurants.
- Fully equipped kitchen with drinks and healthy snacks provided.
- Friday drinks every week with a fiercely competitive ping pong leaderboard.
We are looking for truly dedicated people. If you think, you can match our expectations please
send us an email introducing yourself along with your Resumé or CV -> firstname.lastname@example.org.